Author Topic: What the Hell is wrong with Rush Limbaugh?  (Read 23982 times)

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
  • Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
What the Hell is wrong with Rush Limbaugh?
« on: February 05, 2009, 09:54:46 PM »
I mean other than being a fat ugly blowhard big mouth downer freak. Step up. Lets dance.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 09:57:00 PM by Smokebender »
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: What the Hell is wrong with Rush Limbaugh?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 06:54:30 AM »
Rush Limbaugh is the spokesman for the neo-con fascist party.  I only wish they would leave the GOP and start their own party. The hi-jacking of this party was facilitated by the failure of Nixon and was completed by the election of Ronald Reagan.  He was a puppet of the likes of Cheney and Rumsfeld and others that are the true neo-cons, better known as the old John Birch Society.  Limbaugh is a shill, the same as Reagan was, for the neo-con fascist group.  He actually does a good job of identifying all the neo-cons in society because they quote him.  When you hear somebody you are talking to quote some right wing talking point, you have just encountered a neo-con fascist in the flesh. 

Mick
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 05:13:38 AM by misfitguy »
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 05:19:48 AM »
This article was sent to me by a friend.

http://www.alternet.org/story/125793?page=1

It is an interesting article because it not only reiterates what I said in the last post, but it also underlines the fear that right wing members of the GOP have for Limbaugh.  The article points out that he is one of the least popular political figures in the USA and, still, these neo-con fascist Congressmen and Senators kowtow to his whims and words.  I have been listening to them quote him on floor of the senate.  It was his talking point they use that suggests that the New Deal failed and that government intervention in a financial crisis doesn't work unless you reward the rich with more tax cuts.

A quote from the article,

"Despite Limbaugh's low popularity ratings, congressional Republicans are so intimidated by his perceived influence that even the most resentful members shamelessly grovel at his feet. He might have alienated vast sectors of the Republican base, but Limbaugh still commands an army of self-proclaimed "Dittoheads" who represent the party's most politically fervent, ideologically extreme, and easily shepherded element. This is a faction that flood the party's elected representatives' offices with phone calls, and which they believe they cannot afford to offend."

These "dittoheads" are almost laughable, but for the fact that they breed, vote and breath air.  They are the epitome of a zealot and zealots are some of the scariest people in the world. 

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 01:43:17 AM »
It seems Rush, the new head GOP zealot is on the tube everynight of late. My God, is that the best they can do? Will he run?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:15:24 AM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 10:54:16 AM »
Well he's still at it. Now Rush wants to kick Colin Powell out of the GOP. Powell is the GOP's greatest member. Nice work Rush.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 11:17:20 AM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline EdisonBoy

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 01:10:48 PM »
I only wish they would leave the GOP and start their own party.

Or maybe it would be better for the true traditional GOPers to leave the party to the neo-cons and "reboot" the traditional GOP principals in a new party.  The actual present GOP may now be a lost cause.  Perhaps go back to the principles of the party of Lincoln!  Or at least Eisenhower (in my opinion the best Republican Prez of the last century).

BTW - Have you seen Jon Stewart making fun of the Cantor/Romney/Jeb Bush pizza party?  Apparently these guys are trying to "rebrand" the GOP, but all that they are talking about is the same tired old ideas in a new package (and, to tell you the truth, the package doesn't look all that different to me, either).   OOOOOOO

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 01:24:31 PM »
Well I guess they, the GOP, have the next 40 years or so to think it over.

I like John Stewart, but have yet to see the pizza party. John has much from the last 8 years to work with. He could send the writers home.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 02:09:18 PM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline EdisonBoy

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 01:28:24 PM »
http://www.alternet.org/story/125793?page=1

Wow, I read the article but what was more interesting to me was the poll.  It shows exactly what I have been saying since Bush stole the first election; that the GOP cannot win without cheating because they are so far out-of-touch with the reality of the average American.

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 02:27:58 PM »
Back in Feb. when I sent this article to Mick I missed the poll. If fact I just read it for the first time. Thanks for pointing it out.

It's just like you said, very telling.    ~D~

A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 07:45:04 AM »

Or maybe it would be better for the true traditional GOPers to leave the party to the neo-cons and "reboot" the traditional GOP principals in a new party.  The actual present GOP may now be a lost cause.  Perhaps go back to the principles of the party of Lincoln!  Or at least Eisenhower (in my opinion the best Republican Prez of the last century).

BTW - Have you seen Jon Stewart making fun of the Cantor/Romney/Jeb Bush pizza party?  Apparently these guys are trying to "rebrand" the GOP, but all that they are talking about is the same tired old ideas in a new package (and, to tell you the truth, the package doesn't look all that different to me, either).   OOOOOOO

The GOP is toast.  They have always depended on the middle/independent to win anything anyway.  As long as they sounded moderate, the independents liked their tax and smaller government message.  Now that their true stripes are showing with their concern and militancy of social issues like homosexuality and abortion, their disregard for the sciences like their stand on creation and global warming and their belief that all international conflict can be dealt with by attacking an opponent, The independents and moderates are now leaning left.  By the way, to these neo-con fascists in the GOP, anybody that is left of their belief system is a liberal and they don't seem to have any problems shouting this out to everybody.

I was watching Joe Scarborough this morning on MSNBC and listened to him (he claims that he is only one of three Republicans left in America) state that America is unsafe because we cannot interrogate anybody anymore.  This is the type of "way-out-there" thinking that makes it possible for Rush to be their leader.  Oh, yeah, the GOP is toast and maybe, just maybe, this country will finally see a multiple party system emerge, and eliminate the two party system.

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 02:53:30 PM »
Wanda kicked some Rush butt at the press dinner. If you missed do a search and check it out. It's really wild.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 02:58:35 PM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 04:00:43 PM »
Wanda kicked some Rush butt at the press dinner. If you missed do a search and check it out. It's really wild.

In fact, if you go to the C-Span website the whole 16 minutes is on there as well as the 15 minute speech that Barack Obama gave, which was hilarious. 

What did you think of the line she said, "He wants Barack Obama to fail?  I want both his kidneys to fail."  Can't say it any better than that.

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 04:02:39 AM »
I think that line will go down as a classic. I have always enjoyed Wanda's work. Now even more so.

What kind of nasty come back will we hear from Rush? Has it already happend? Did I miss it?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 04:04:59 AM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
A Hopi elder speaks.

sir-individual