MisFiT Discussions > MisFiT Lounge

Work Sucks!

(1/3) > >>

User Name:
Working "full time" you spend basically 5/7ths of your life doing things that you would normally not be doing.  (you can count school too if you must)

Or... at least thats how it is when you work in an office  :P

/did someone take my stapler?

misfitguy:
It can suck.  I have done things I just didn't like doing and so I quit doing them.  Earning money should be interesting and even fun.  It should surely be challenging.  If it isn't any of these, then start looking.  Don't look in the same field as you are in, because all you will be doing is changing the name on your check.  This is one time you need to "think out of the box." 

Sassafras and I make a living selling our own line of sunglasses and goggles in motorcycle shows.  This is really out of the box, but you can start looking for alternative ways of making a living today.  Marketing a product out of your home, in a flea market, at a special event or on the internet, is a good way to start.  I once read about a couple that were writers.  They found little time for their passion and finally came up with a plan.  They bought a "handy-man" special and spent a year fixing it up and sold it for a profit.  They did this 5 times over 4 years in their spare time, each time increasing the value of the home they bought, and finally sold the last one for a large enough profit, they were able to move to an island in the Caribbean  for five years where they were able to develop their writing careers.

If you are bored, it will not get better. Find a way to challenge yourself and keep opining.  It keeps your mind fresh.

User Name:
Yeah i do the music thing "religiously" on my off time, but get discouraged because i want to do it 24/7 and can't.... I bought a collection of 6,000 records that i've been going through, they are pretty valuable and i can turn a nice profit (only have $.75 invested in each, and have found a lot of $20-$40 recordz already.  My dream is to open a record store, but it just takes a lot of upfront costs and its not really a "booming business" moreso a specialty.  I could make this happen, but still for now i got bills and not much opportunity otherwise.  (very crappy area here)

I have ability to do niteclub djing but the industry for that here is so screwed up by attention whores and cheap venue owners that it's almost a laughable course of action unless you own your own venue... Which is another dream of mine, but again, i'm just a working man.  One day i could possibly relocate but its hard being a in this position when i can just see the years of my life slipping away to "necessity" instead of being creative and doing something that i can potentially be bigger at than "being overworked/overqualified but underpaid/treated like garbage"... I'm not the person for all that "corporate ass kissing" nonsense.   [peace]

User Name:
I'm actually corresponding with someone (group of 2) about starting a band  ::D  Just found the ad yesterday and feel pretty good about it...  But still a long way to go.. but maybe some hope for the future  (;D)b

User Name:
The band audition went well and they liked what i'm doing, so i'm in  ;D

Here is the songwriter/singer leading the way:  http://www.myspace.com/kyrtgates

So far the songs are good.  I was impressed for sure.  Going back this weekend for more practice and we're looking for a bassist now.   (BD)b

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version