Author Topic: You might live in Michigan  (Read 26013 times)

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
  • Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
You might live in Michigan
« on: January 14, 2009, 12:24:30 AM »
If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November thur March.......you might live in Michigan.
If you like to cook meat on a stick over an open fire.......you might be from Michigan.
If you know that "UP" is a place and not a direction.......you might live in Michigan.                                    ((*))
                                 ((*))
If your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.......you might live in Michigan.       ((*))
        ((*))    ((*))
If you see people wearing camouflage at social events.......you might live in Michigan.                     ((*))                    ((*))
                  ((*))
If you can drive 65 mph through 2 ft. of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching.......you might live in Michigan.

If you often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.......you might be from Michigan.            ((*))       [anyone]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 10:49:30 PM by Smokebender »
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: You might live in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:03:10 AM »
If you are concerned that the mosquitoes that just carried you off will drop you and the big ones will pick you up....you might live in Michigan.

If you wear a ski coat over your bathing suit on the way to the beach.......you might live in Michigan.

If you encounter a gang of deer walking down the road with toothpicks hanging out of the corner of their mouth, while looking over their shoulder with defiance........you might live in Michigan.

If while driving on the Interstates, you notice that 70mph seems to be the minimum speed......you might live in Michigan.

If while driving you cross a river or stream or creek and it seems you just crossed one a few miles back......you might live in Michigan.

Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 08:47:43 AM »
If you cook and eat "V-Meat" on a stick.............you might live in Michigan.   :)
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 04:21:08 AM »
If you get 32 inches of snow in one day.........you might live in Michigan.  (Mi.U.P.2009)  Yep it's true.
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline nelson

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 07:14:05 PM »
If you write an excuse note for your kids, so they make opening day of deer season...you might be from MI.

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 10:48:39 PM »
If you're paid $300.00 a day to take someone fishing.............you might live in Michigan.
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 06:42:42 AM »
If you're paid $300.00 a day to take someone fishing.............you might live in Michigan.

I love that one.

If you hear the same people complain about how hot it is and how cold it is on the same day, you might be in Michigan.

If there is a lake just down the street from where you live, you might be from Michigan.

If you're wearing a Stormy Kromer hat, a chamois shirt with a wool vest and swampers when you go to the mall, you might be from Michigan.

If you buy a pop (not a soda) and ask for a bag (not a sack) to put it in, you might be from Michigan.

~Groucho Marx

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 05:13:02 AM »
If you're up-state friends speak with a different accent than you do.......... you might live in Michigan.
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline 333angel

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 09:09:06 AM »
 d(BD)b #1:D ((B:D)) Funny.  d(BD)b
Melody

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 12:11:13 PM »
If the stop sign at your corner is full of  ((*))............you might live in Michigan.   
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline EdisonBoy

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 01:30:08 AM »
If you cook and eat "V-Meat" on a stick.............you might live in Michigan.   :)

Just a question from someone who is from Texas and never been to Michigan - what's V-meat?  <:(

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 11:24:25 AM »

Just a question from someone who is from Texas and never been to Michigan - what's V-meat?  <:(
Hello to the great state of Texas. The answer to your question Sir is venison. V-meat is venison.
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 08:13:30 AM »

If you're wearing a Stormy Kromer hat, a chamois shirt with a wool vest and swampers when you go to the mall, you might be from Michigan.

Last Thursday, Sassafras and I went to the Mesick Mushroom Festival to purchase some canopy supplies for the year.  Our supplier was set up there and we were on our way to Clio, MI. and simply drove a couple of hundred miles out of our way to get what we needed.  Anyway, I had put on a pair shorts, the kind with all the pockets, a pair of argyle socks that came up over my calves, an Hawaiian shirt over a tank top and to finalize my wardrobe I had put on a wool vest over the shirt and a Stormy Kromer hat.  This would be the height of fashion in the UP. The Hawaiian shirt is a statement that we think warm even when it ain't, the argyle socks are to keep the bare legs warm, the Stormy Kromer hat doesn't need explanation and the wool vest is so you don't freeze to death while making a fashion statement.  When I got out of my van and walked towards a couple of vendor friends of mine, they started laughing at me and making fun of my ensemble.  It didn't bother me because I knew they were just a bunch of Trolls (people that live below the Mackinac Bridge). 

On Sunday, I had on the same outfit when we returned and went into a restaurant near out house.  I asked the waitress how she liked my outfit.  She said she had a wool vest and really liked it.  She also said she always thinks that Hawaiian shirts look good.  I asked her if she thought I looked odd.  She gave me a quizzical look and asked me, "Why would I think that."  I told her, "Exactly" and then related how I had been made fun of and she just shook her head knowingly (she also knows that Trolls just don't get it.)

Well, that is my story of being a Uper (pronounced Yoooper) and my experience with going to another world.

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline EdisonBoy

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 04:59:55 PM »

Hello to the great state of Texas. The answer to your question Sir is venison. V-meat is venison.

OMG!  You eat Bambi?!  :O---:O

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 04:41:31 AM »

Last Thursday, Sassafras and I went to the Mesick Mushroom Festival to purchase some canopy supplies for the year.  Our supplier was set up there and we were on our way to Clio, MI. and simply drove a couple of hundred miles out of our way to get what we needed.  Anyway, I had put on a pair shorts, the kind with all the pockets, a pair of argyle socks that came up over my calves, an Hawaiian shirt over a tank top and to finalize my wardrobe I had put on a wool vest over the shirt and a Stormy Kromer hat.  This would be the height of fashion in the UP. The Hawaiian shirt is a statement that we think warm even when it ain't, the argyle socks are to keep the bare legs warm, the Stormy Kromer hat doesn't need explanation and the wool vest is so you don't freeze to death while making a fashion statement.  When I got out of my van and walked towards a couple of vendor friends of mine, they started laughing at me and making fun of my ensemble.  It didn't bother me because I knew they were just a bunch of Trolls (people that live below the Mackinac Bridge).  

On Sunday, I had on the same outfit when we returned and went into a restaurant near out house.  I asked the waitress how she liked my outfit.  She said she had a wool vest and really liked it.  She also said she always thinks that Hawaiian shirts look good.  I asked her if she thought I looked odd.  She gave me a quizzical look and asked me, "Why would I think that."  I told her, "Exactly" and then related how I had been made fun of and she just shook her head knowingly (she also knows that Trolls just don't get it.)

Well, that is my story of being a Uper (pronounced Yoooper) and my experience with going to another world.

Mick
Question from a troll. If I may ask?

Having been a troll most of your life, did you find a need to buy all new clothing after moving north?

How long will it be before you say "eh?" at the end of each statement?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 10:08:23 PM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.