Author Topic: Just chat  (Read 261035 times)

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
  • Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
Re: Just chat
« Reply #405 on: May 02, 2009, 05:44:54 PM »
Stay tuned for "Seven days in the forest" by yours truly.
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #406 on: May 05, 2009, 09:53:21 AM »
I'm awaiting the return of Smokebender and his band of happy expeditionites. I can't wait to hear all of the details of their adventure. |P|
It's posted here now on the Bigfoot page if you still have an interest. If so, hope you enjoy it.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #407 on: May 09, 2009, 05:32:03 AM »
So anyway, what's new in Truthsayer's world?
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #408 on: May 09, 2009, 11:26:24 AM »
Top o' the day to ya.

Now that boredom has passed I'm delving deeper and deeper into the social networking scene. I've opened another facebook account strictly for inviting business contacts and other influentials. I'm hearing more and more positive feedback about "Twitter" and want to check it out. I'm on top of my game. Yourself?
As God as my witness, I cannot tell a lie.  ;)

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #409 on: May 09, 2009, 11:32:01 AM »
And to you as well.

I'm already planning my next trip. Planning is a part of the fun for me.

I don't know where yet, but it will be somewhere here in my home state again.

I'm thinking about the U.P.

A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #410 on: May 09, 2009, 11:48:26 AM »
Planning has always been fun for me too. It allows you to dream big and consider all possibilities. If only all of my journeys would turn out "as planned".  ~D~

Forgive my ignorance, but where is the U.P?

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #411 on: May 09, 2009, 11:52:57 AM »
I live in the lower peninsula of Michigan. I was refering to the upper peninsula. In these parts it's called the U.P.

See "You might live in Michigan" in the humor room.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 11:56:30 AM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #412 on: May 11, 2009, 07:59:53 AM »
Top o' the day to ya.

Now that boredom has passed I'm delving deeper and deeper into the social networking scene. I've opened another facebook account strictly for inviting business contacts and other influentials. I'm hearing more and more positive feedback about "Twitter" and want to check it out. I'm on top of my game. Yourself?

I joined Twitter about 8 months ago, filled my twitter account with a lot of the wrong people.  As I have sorted out the twitterers, I have managed to follow a lot of good people with a lot of good things to share.  My name on twitter is misfitguy.  If you join, look me up and if you follow me, then I will be able to follow you as well.

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #413 on: May 11, 2009, 02:13:51 PM »
I've been meaning to ask you or Sass about your experiences on twitter. I've also heard some horror stories about it but the good outweighs the bad. I will look you up. Thanks for the invite.

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #414 on: May 21, 2009, 05:14:55 PM »
So Smoke, whatcha been up to since your camping trip? Enjoying some beautiful weather or are you guys getting what they got in some parts of the prairies and Ontario a few days ago? A foot and a half of snow!

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #415 on: May 21, 2009, 05:41:14 PM »
I'm geared up for summer! I've joined a few meetup groups where I can meet and socialize with people who have the same interests as me. I've applied to a couple of talent agencies looking to hire extras and I'm creating a an improvisational routine I can try out on open mic nights at the comedy clubs. It's gonna take time, but I'm planting the seeds.

It's funny, when I first got here I had no idea where to begin, now the ideas are coming faster than I can think! The key is to not take on more than I can handle. 

And how was your week?

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #416 on: May 21, 2009, 06:15:08 PM »
So Smoke, whatcha been up to since your camping trip? Enjoying some beautiful weather or are you guys getting what they got in some parts of the prairies and Ontario a few days ago? A foot and a half of snow!

No snow here thank God. It has been very nice here weather wise. Warmer than normal for this time of year.
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #417 on: May 21, 2009, 06:34:43 PM »
I'm geared up for summer! I've joined a few meetup groups where I can meet and socialize with people who have the same interests as me. I've applied to a couple of talent agencies looking to hire extras and I'm creating a an improvisational routine I can try out on open mic nights at the comedy clubs. It's gonna take time, but I'm planting the seeds.

It's funny, when I first got here I had no idea where to begin, now the ideas are coming faster than I can think! The key is to not take on more than I can handle. 

And how was your week?

Well good for you BB. One step at a time. Just keep movin. You're on your way now. Good luck.
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline EdisonBoy

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #418 on: May 24, 2009, 04:58:06 AM »
I saw a show on History International the other day about Iva Toguri AKA Tokyo Rose.  It's just a compelling story about a woman who refused to stop loving the US, the land of her birth, despite the hardships that her fellow Americans put her through - she was willing to risk starvation in Japan (her ration card was revoked) during the war rather than to renounce her US citizenship!  It would make a good movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iva_Toguri_D%27Aquino

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #419 on: May 25, 2009, 11:54:34 AM »
I agree it would make a good movie. Toward the end of the info on the link you gave, it states that she was the subject of two movies and five documentaries. Another movie is in the works. I know of one song under the title "Tokyo Rose", but I can't recall the artist.