Author Topic: Give me a break  (Read 96829 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Give me a break
« on: December 12, 2006, 09:58:14 AM »
Go to http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16159302/

Ok, here it is.  A four year old, let me repeat that, a 4, number 4, year old hugged a teacher's aide in Texas and got suspended.  Let me quote

""A letter from La Vega school district administrators to the student's parents said that the boy was involved in "inappropriate physical behavior interpreted as sexual contact and/or sexual harassment" after he hugged the woman and he "rubbed his face in the chest of (the) female employee" on Nov. 10."

Give me a break.

I don't know how I could/would explain to him why he was being punished.  If he had done something that was inappropriate, such as pinching the aides boob, a simple "Don't do that" would have been more than sufficient and would have simply been part of the direction we expect our child to get in a school and part of his measurable learning curve.  It surely shouldn't be construed as a sexual act by a sexual predator.

As a parent, I would pull my child out of the school and find someplace for him to attend that is run by people with at least an average IQ. Then I would petition to have the teacher's aide fired and investigated.  What could possibly cause her to think a 4 year old was making a pass at her?  Got to be some sort of sick mind that could even get to that level of thinking. 

Then I would campaign to have the school board thrown out.  "Off with their heads, I say!" Isn't this taking the right wing conservative approach just a little too far?   This was their explanation, "La Vega school district officials said student privacy laws prevented them from commenting."  Student privacy laws???  How about you guys simply can't explain what you just did. 

It's tipping too far, friends.  By definition, half of the people in the world are below average and, I think, they are starting to run the world.  We have to protect ourselves from the stupid.  Don't ever think they aren't dangerous.  Where do you think bigotry comes from...ignorance.

Mick

Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

sir-individual