MisFiT Discussions > MisFiT Lounge

What Olympics?!!....Where?!

(1/3) > >>

Truthsayer:
All I've heard Vancouverites speak about over the past year was "Winter Olympics" this, "Winter Olympics", that. Some are in favor of it, but most are not. The city is in a fairly serious recession right now and much of the Arts and other thriving industries have suffered through cutbacks and non support from our government in order to fund the olympic games. Now that the time is upon us for these games to begin, Even more taxpayer money will be wasted...er *:)---x* spent... to cover the mountain with snow for the much required downhill skiing and snowboarding events, and to make a seperate rink for the bobsled and speed skating events, as GM place is reserved for the hockey. In a city like vancouver you can't expect it to snow "every" year. ::) This might sound like gibberish to you, but.....i think i'm in a tragedy..... :'(

misfitguy:

I would like to suggest you join in and enjoy.  I have enjoyed the winter olympics for the zillion years I have been able to watch them on TV and never was able to attend an event in person.  The Olympics are bid for because they bring in huge amounts of money.  It is these sort of things that also bring in industry, and attracts positive individuals to a community.  I have never heard of an Olympics that bankrupted an area but usually the other way around.

Mick

Truthsayer:
Actually, The security company I work for is doing security for the olympics, so many events ( those taking place within the city limits) I can check out for free. Regarding the benefits of the financial investment, we won't know for sure until after the fact.   :-\

Smokebender:
Security company you say? Good, here's the plan. When the time is right, jump in and slide down the hill. 

We'll watch for you on TV.   ::D

Truthsayer:
How mistaken I was!!!!

This was the best Olympics Canada has ever seen and competed in! OOOOOOO
I enjoyed many of the events at work, some of the events at various venues set up to watch the games on big screen, the mobs downtown were AWESOME!!!! It was a twenty - four - fourteen PARTY!!

Oh, and before i forget....SIDNEY CROSBY'S MY BOY!!!! Not just because he scored the winning goal, but because he was born and raised in my own back yard. Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia!

All of the Athletes were terrific!! I feel grateful to have been living in a city that hosted the world. And such a friendly, peaceful world it is!  [welcome]  d(BD)b

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version