Author Topic: Potassium  (Read 9487 times)

Offline 333angel

• Purple Maple Syruple
Potassium
« on: October 16, 2012, 10:05:10 PM »
 ((B:D)) Hello Sass and Mick.. and everyone!
   My question to anyone who may have some suggestions is.... How, during these Michigan winter months..non-growing seasons where fresh veggies are not so available, do I add extra potassium to my diet without using suppliments? I have an issue with my potassium dropping causing everything from brittle hair to confusion. I am not a big medication taker, I much prefer a more natural method of replacing my potassium. And I was also wondering if anyone knew if there are certain other foods that help retain the mineral in my system?
                                                                 Thanks for reading! Any ideas are more than welcome!
                                                                                                  Melody
ps, yes sass, i know i need to watch the msg's also.  ::D just not doing so good at that one.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:06:16 PM by misfitguy »
Melody

Offline 333angel

• Purple Maple Syruple
Re: Pottasium
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 10:06:25 PM »
Yep, I spelled it wrong in the post head. d(BD)b **BB**
Melody

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: Potassium
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 10:01:27 PM »
((B:D)) Hello Sass and Mick.. and everyone!
   My question to anyone who may have some suggestions is.... How, during these Michigan winter months..non-growing seasons where fresh veggies are not so available, do I add extra potassium to my diet without using suppliments? I have an issue with my potassium dropping causing everything from brittle hair to confusion. I am not a big medication taker, I much prefer a more natural method of replacing my potassium. And I was also wondering if anyone knew if there are certain other foods that help retain the mineral in my system?
                                                                 Thanks for reading! Any ideas are more than welcome!
                                                                                                  Melody
ps, yes sass, i know i need to watch the msg's also.  ::D just not doing so good at that one.

Melody,

Good hearing from you.  I'm wondering if you're confusing potassium with magnesium.  We get our magnesium from vegetables, particularly green ones, and we get our potassium from fruits, such as oranges and bananas.  I can suffer from massive charlie horses after a show if I don't replenish my potassium by eating a banana or an orange.  Dehydration will cause a loss of potassium, so it is important to keep hydrated, or in other words drink a lot of water.  

Let us know how that works for you and watch those "MSGs".  

Warmly

Mick and Sassafras
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:06:39 PM by misfitguy »
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: Potassium
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 10:08:18 PM »
Yep, I spelled it wrong in the post head. d(BD)b **BB**

I fixed it for you, Melody.

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

sir-individual