Author Topic: Responses to email forwards that irritate me  (Read 92204 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Responses to email forwards that irritate me
« on: April 08, 2011, 07:11:26 AM »

This email was forwarded to me by a cousin.  He is a nice man, but he has explained to me that he forwards things that he may not believe in because......I don't know what he said.  I guess it didn't make a lot of sense to me.  Here is one of them he sent to me.

The subject read, "Re: Is this so wrong?"

It then went on to say,

"I saw a one legged Muslim with no arms at the ATM today.

He asked me to check his balance, so I pushed the fucker over."

This was my response....

"Yeah, it's wrong.  Reminds me of the old racial jokes.  If one doesn't laugh, then everybody thought they didn't have a sense of humor.  Also, there was an assumption if one was white, then a racial joke was OK.

I know quite a few Muslims and have since I went to college in the late 60's and early 70's.  To make this about religion would put Christians in jeopardy for all the horrible things that have been done "in the name of Christ."  This country was founded on tolerance.  Tolerance of imposing views, different religions and different ethnicities.  We didn't do very good on different colors, but all the others we were pretty good at creating or maybe demanding tolerance through the Constitution and the freedoms that were granted us in the Bill of Rights.

Bob, I know you didn't write this, but you did forward it and so, here's Mick again, getting up on a soap box.

As I many years ago decided to not let racial slurs go unanswered, I have decided not to let religious slurs as well be acceptable.  Iran is right now doing horrible things to my Baha'i brethren.  Unspeakable things, but I don't hate the Muslims for it.  I do dislike the Irani leadership.  Fundamentalist, whether Muslim, Christian, Hindi, Jewish, etc, have always been intolerant of others thoughts and have done some dastardly things in the name of whatever they believe in.  I do not like fundamentalists and their hate filled speeches whether they are Muslim or Christian.  Do you?  This knucklehead in Florida that burned a Koran is unexplainable.  He claims to be a minister of the Christian religion, in which Christ taught for us to "turn the other cheek" to our adversaries, and he does the opposite.  There is no explaining zealotry, is there.

I hope things are getting better for you.  Keep me informed

warmly

Mick"
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: Responses to email forwards that irritate me
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 05:19:02 PM »
I received an email that irritated me to no end.  I can't believe the stupidity of some people.  I answered it and also sent the reply to all the recipients of the email.  This usually causes a storm, but also causes the person to quit fowarding me tripe.  the email was in very large and bold print with a lot of colors and I will not try to replicate it.  Here it is in all its splendor.  My answer is in blue.

We are getting old and
our tickers aren't what they used to be...so here is

Our Special Bucket
List for 2013...

HERE IS
ALL
WE
WANT...

Obama: Gone!

Put "GOD" back in
America!!!

3. Borders:
Closed!

Congress: On the same retirement & healthcare plans as
everybody else

5. Congress:
Obey its own laws
NOW!

Language: English
only!

Culture:
Constitution, and the
Bill of
Rights!

Drug Free: MandatoryDrug Screening before
& during Welfare!

NO
freebiesto

Non-Citizens!

Balance the budget.

11. Stop giving away our
money to foreign countries! Charge them for our help! We need
it here.

12. Fix the TAX CODE!

And
most of all.

"RESPECT OUR MILITARY AND OUR
FLAG!!"

We
the people are coming!

Leslie,

1. Take me off your list.  I don't want President Obama gone.  He is the best thing that has happened to America for a long time.

2. I am a religionist but I don't want "God put back in America".  When I hear that phrase, I cringe, because I know they are only talking about their concept of God from a fundamental Christian view.  I am not Christian nor do I believe that Jesus of Nazereth was God walking on this earth.

3. The borders are closed and unless we build an iron curtain such as the USSR did, we simply need to do the best job of reducing the numbers of illegals.

#4 and 5 are just whine jobs that really have no meaning.  It reminds me of a sports fan yelling Go Tigers.  It won't help a team win, it just makes the yeller happy.

6. When Europeans arrived here, they spoke many languages as is happening today.  Why are you afraid that another language may someday be spoken in America.  First off, it would be impossible for another language to take over, but where does the fear come from.

7. You screamers don't believe in the Bill of Rights or the Constitution so shut up about it.  The minute somebody exercises their right of speech, or assembly or of the press that differs with your beliefs, you want to crucify the individual.  The recent government shutdown was a perfect example of a group of tea party whack-a-doodles not willing to follow the constitution and you guys applauding their actions.  Shame on all of you.

8. How about mandatory drug screening for anybody that uses public roads, parks, rivers, lakes, etc.  How about mandatory alcohol testing for everybody in a bar.  Give me a break.

9. Sounds good.  Tell me what non-citizens are getting free?  Name one example that can be verified and doesn't start with I know this guy that said...  This is, I believe, what is called a "straw man" in debate, a made up hypothetical that is given credence simply because it is stated, but has no truth to it.

10.  Leslie, for you and all your idiot friends, the budget will never be balanced and could never be balanced.  When the GOP started yelling for a balanced budget after the Dems took the house in 2006, they opened up a can of worms that can't get back.  Anybody that has taken any economics class knows that our fiscal health is not based on a balanced budget, but it is based on jobs and taxes collected.  When bush cut taxes without cutting spending, he did this economy in, ergo 2008 crash.  We need to increase taxes as well as look at wasteful spending.

11.  Typical isolationist repertoire.  We are a world community and what happens on other continents affects the health and welfare of our own people.  So again, shut-up about something you don't know about

12.  What does fix the tax code mean to you.  Less taxes?  Or less deductions for the rich and corporations.  The phrase is an empty phrase without some sort of direction suggested by you or your pals.  Kind of like the GOP attacking ACA without offering an alternative.  Ludicrous. 

13.  What does that mean.  Every sporting event, every start at every school in America, and throughout this great nation, Pledges of Allegiance are said, National anthems are sung and flags are flown everywhere.  What is your gripe actually.Do you want people to bow down...I don't get it.  Concerning the military, again, what do you want.  I hate war as a way of solving problems between nations.  I would love to see a way that this world could simply get along and I believe someday, for the most part, it will.  But I do respect soldiers as I would respect anybody that does a good job.  The military be damned.  President Eisenhower warned us about the military industrial complex and we didn't listen.  The industry is connected to the military is connected to politicians in a daisy chain of profit at the cost of our tax money and the lives of our sons and daughters.  There is nothing there to respect as an entity but should be reviled and hated.  Again, I state, I give soldiers respect as individuals, but their bosses can kiss my a**.

So, I hope you took the minute or two to read my response and please don't send me any more of this crapola.

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Bernit_auPn

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 06:17:20 AM »
Мешки из полипропилена — лучшее решение для вашего бизнеса
полипропиленовые мешки оптом полипропиленовые мешки оптом.

Ciro_nssi

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2023, 06:36:16 AM »
 Как Выбрать Качественные Бахилы? 
бахилы оптом бахилы одноразовые.

Zinne_bvoa

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2023, 12:47:24 PM »
 Обмен полиэтиленовых мешков 
полиэтиленовые мешки мешки полиэтиленовые.

Ffer_suEr

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2023, 06:25:46 AM »
Скотч лента для удобства
клейкая лента клейкая лента.

Catal_cooa

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2023, 03:18:16 PM »
 Высококачественный полиэтиленовые мешки 
мешки полиэтиленовые полиэтиленовые мешки оптом.

Offline Maham_kvPn

• New to the City
    • Полипропиленовые мешки оптом
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2023, 06:16:05 PM »
 Купить полипропиленовые мешки оптом в магазине "Лучшие Товары" 
мешок полипропиленовый купить оптом http://polipropilenovye-meshki-optom.ru/.
полипропиленовые мешки оптом от производителя http://polipropilenovye-meshki-optom.ru/.

Offline Streychopt_tzSl

• New to the City
    • Стрейч пленка
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2023, 02:43:25 PM »
 Огромный выбор стрейч пленки 
стрейч пленка оптом купить http://streych-plenka-optom.ru/.
стрейч пленка купить в москве http://streych-plenka-optom.ru/.

Offline Shaun_yvpl

• New to the City
    • Бахилы
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2023, 09:26:56 AM »
 Современные бахилы для венчания 
бахилы оптом в москве дешево http://bahily-optomm.ru/.
куплю бахилы http://bahily-optomm.ru/.

Offline skachatapp

• New to the City
    • 1x
1x
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2023, 12:35:28 AM »
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet

Списать приложение на Андроид вместе с официального интернет-сайта 1х шибко ясно как день: зайдите сверху подвижную версию вебсайта Букмекерскую контору

1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet
1xbet

Offline Yton_unMn

• New to the City
    • Пакет для утилизации медицинских отходов
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2023, 01:32:23 PM »
Обеспечьте безопасность медицинских отходов с пакетом для утилизации
пакеты для утилизации http://pakety-dlya-utilizacii-medicinskih-othodov.ru/.
мешки для утилизации медицинских отходов класса б http://pakety-dlya-utilizacii-medicinskih-othodov.ru/.

Offline pinupp

• Blue on Blue
    • Pin up скачать
Pin up скачать
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2023, 10:00:51 AM »

Offline Vondra_xqOi

• New to the City
    • Мешки для мусора
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2023, 05:50:23 PM »
Подбирайте качественные мешки для мусора
2) Сберегите окружающую среду с экологичными мешками для мусора
3) Избавьтесь от мусора с легкостью с помощью мешков для мусора
4) Оптимальный выбор для утилизации мусора - мешки для мусора
5) Держите свой дом с помощью мешков для мусора
6) Организуйте свой дом с помощью мешков для мусора
7) Уважайте окружающую среду с качественными мешками для мусора
8) Удобный способ для утилизации мусора - мешки для мусора
9) Необходимое приобретение для любого дома - мешки для мусора
10) Просто сортируйте мусор с помощью различных цветов мешков для мусора
11) Сэкономьте время и силы с надежными мешками для мусора
12) Поддержите экологию вместе с мешками для мусора
13) Простое решение для уборки двора - мешки для мусора
14) Сортируйте мусор в мешках для мусора
15) Прочность и долговечность - главные критерии при выборе мешков для мусора
16) Держите свой дом в чистоте с мешками для мусора
17) Без усилий и забот - утилизируйте мусор с помощью мешков для мусора
18) Интуитивно понятные мешки для мусора упростят вашу жизнь
19) Оптимизируйте пространство с помощью компактных мешков для мусора
20) Защитите свой дом с качественными мешками для мусора
мусорные пакеты мешки http://meshki-dlya-musora-y.ru/.
купить большие мешки для мусора http://meshki-dlya-musora-y.ru/.

Offline Donn_fuSa

• New to the City
    • Мешки для мусора
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2023, 07:43:32 AM »
 Заказывайте лучшие мешки для мусора по привлекательной цене 
пакеты для мусора https://meshki-dlya-musora-u.ru/.
купить мешок для мусора https://meshki-dlya-musora-u.ru/.

sir-individual