Author Topic: We are Bigfoot Investigators  (Read 12463 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
We are Bigfoot Investigators
« on: October 21, 2006, 01:55:16 PM »
(This was first written on Feb 17, 2005 on our Proboards site.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sassafras and I are Bigfoot investigators. Yep, you read that right. We are involved with some serious investigators, many professionals in their own right, and all worthy and sincere individuals. Some came to this activity because they had a sighting and some from curiousity.

Personally, I have had an interest in this phenomena since the early 70's. The internet helped me search out information and individuals. Oddly, in 2001, Sassafras and I were doing our laundry in a laundramat in Ludington, MI and met an individual that was an active investigator in the Montana/Washington area. He was in Ludington visiting his mother. After a long discussion, I came to realize that he wasn't suggesting bigfoot existed and he wasn't quoting other peoples sightings, but was referring to his own sightings. I said, "So you've seen a bigfoot." Jon said, "No, I have seen 7 bigfoot."

I never forgot that meeting, and in the winter of 2002/2003, while staying in Cleveland, TN, I found a lot of interested individuals from the Michigan area, reintroduced myself to Jon, who now lives in Arizona and went on our first investigation in the Plainwell, MI area.

We became acquainted with many of the Michigan investigators and became impressed with their professionalism and need to know what is out there. Many, also, love to be out in the wilds and use bigfoot to do just that; not camping in campgrounds but truly roughing it in the deep of the back woods.

Well, this thread is just an introduction to you on why it is on this forum. By the way, in April of 2003, while on a 6 day bigfoot outing, I saw one. Once that happens to an individual, you quit trying to prove anything and simply want to see more and to try to understand how they live.

Fell free to disagree, or be sceptical. Fine by me. You may also want to audit a few bigfoot sites such as www.bigfootforums.com and many other you can find, simply by googling. Hope we can get some conversation going here. Hope somebody is willing to come forward and share some experience, whether it is a visual, a vocal or a 2nd hand experience. 

Mick
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 05:11:33 PM by Smokebender »
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: We are Bigfoot Investigators
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 02:03:29 PM »
(This are the replies to the first post.  Replies start on Nov 7, 2005 on our Proboards site.  The posts date to Feb 26, 2006 and includes a total of 6 posts.)

Re: We are bigfoot investigators
? Reply #1 on Nov 7, 2005, 1:52pm ?   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, we haven't been in the woods this year for investigation, though, Sassafras and I did start hunting. With our new move to Wolf Lake, we hope that we will be getting out this winter. Our board isn't very active, as many forums aren't, but we hope to, one of these days, see some activity on here. In the mean time, my promise to you is I will report any new sightings, encounters, experiences, tracks, sign or whatever, that we collect here on this board, first, before anybody else hears of it.

I wil also write a report of my own sighting I had a couple of years ago. That will be a first time ever reported anywhere. So I hope that will cause some to come back.

Mick 

? Reply #2 on Jan 31, 2006, 2:52pm ?   

Hi Mick,

It's angry DTK here to torment you... Just kidding. Love to hear your sighting report sometime.

? Reply #3 on Feb 1, 2006, 7:33pm ?   

Kerry,

Glad you are aboard. I never envisioned this board to be really active in this field, but when Sassafras and I decided to create a forum, we decided we would try to cover any and all topics that interest us and hope others will someday do the same. It isn't very active. For some reason, this board doesn't get crawled through by the search engines. We just need to promote it a little more.

I should post more, but I have this forum and two other blogs that I occasionally use to spout off. I do feel, though, the world is probably a better place simply because I don't spout off more.

Mick 

? Reply #4 on Feb 26, 2006, 10:35pm ?   

Hi Mick and Sass,

This is Gerry Bacon, the big, bald ugly guy you met this Saturday. As promised, I am here and as you know by now, I share your interest.

For those who don't know me, I am active on Cryptozoology.com, very active. I'm also in touch with several other bigfoot investigators. I've never had a sighting. In fact, in 40 years of hunting and being outdoors, I've never seen anything I couldn't explain, at least to my satisfaction. I tend to think of myself as an open minded skeptic. But after centuries of sightings, hard evidence such as tracks, hair and scat, the P/G film, only an idiot would say they positively DON'T exist. I only say I'm not convinced they exist but I concede the possibility. And it's the possibility that keeps me going.

Mick, Sass, I look forward to a long, working relationship. And if we never solve the problem, we can at least have a blast trying!

Gerry Bacon 

~Groucho Marx

Offline User Name

• MisFiT for Life!!!
  • truly "misfit"
    • www.skool.us
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »
Far be it from me to tell another man what he did and did not see !  :D

Offline Smokebender

• Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 12:00:05 AM »
Mick, Did you write the report?  Did I miss it?  Don't make me drive up there.  Then again.........
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 06:52:48 AM »
Mick, Did you write the report?  Did I miss it?  Don't make me drive up there.  Then again.........

No, I haven't written the report.  I have found that anytime one writes a report on the internet, there are instantly skeptics that want to argue.  I should either post the report, I guess, or state that I am not going to.  OK, I will post the report.  It really is much better verbally than in writing. 

~Groucho Marx

Offline Smokebender

• Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 06:30:21 PM »
Mick, That would be great. I know others that would very much enjoy reading your report as well.
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.