Author Topic: Most of the time I love being a Texan ...  (Read 9218 times)

Offline EdisonBoy

• Purple Maple Syruple
Most of the time I love being a Texan ...
« on: September 01, 2009, 07:27:39 PM »
Most of the time I love being a Texan, but sometimes I hang my head in shame. To let you know, most Texans are not like this, they just get people's attention because they scream the loudest.

Offline Husker Du

• Painting the City Orange
Re: Most of the time I love being a Texan ...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 08:45:14 PM »
Most of the time I love being a Texan, but sometimes I hang my head in shame. To let you know, most Texans are not like this, they just get people's attention because they scream the loudest.

I've never been to Texas so I can't speak for that area.  Although I've had friends who've gone there and say that anywhere outside of Austin and some parts of Houston are radical.  Even if these people are the minority they are screaming the loudest.  What does that say about the majority?  Whether you see it as manufactured anger (Which it's not.  Maybe uneducated anger.)  or whatever it's gaining pace, and if you, we keep letting them be the loudest then they will get what they want.  If we start breaking apart as a country and our societal structure starts to fall apart then it's going to get really weird quick.  I don't think it would last long though.  I don't think the majority of Americans can handle war, or violence in general well enless it's on the TV, TV news, or the movies.

I hope it doesn't happen.  I hope it doesn't come to violence.
I think people need to cool out and listen to some Al Green, Miles Davis, George Clinton, Curtis Mayfield records and read some good books.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 08:50:56 PM by Husker Du »