Author Topic: The Extreme Republican Party  (Read 8950 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
The Extreme Republican Party
« on: September 13, 2009, 06:19:57 AM »

This is a very good article describing how the GOP was hijacked and is not representing only the extreme right 20% of Americans and the need for a right of center party to give voice to the rest of the conservatives.  It is a seriously must read for anybody interested in the development of the USA.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2009/09/12/the_extreme_republican_party/?page=1

MIck
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline EdisonBoy

• Purple Maple Syruple
Re: The Extreme Republican Party
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 05:46:27 PM »
I heard somewhere the other day that prior to the so-called Reagan Revolution that real (civil and intellectual) conservatives like Bill Buckley and Barry Goldwater saw the neo-con fringe hijacking coming.  I'm sure they did everything they could to stop it but it still came; when the voice of reason tries to yell above the din, at a certain point it stops being the voice of reason and I'm sure they were aware of that.  But I mourn for the loss of the days when we had conservatives of good character and civil intellect.  Maybe some day after the Republican Party cleans house we can have those days back and have a civil public discourse again.