Author Topic: Michael Moore and The Daily Show  (Read 19291 times)

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
  • Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
Re: Michael Moore and the GOP
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 04:50:20 AM »
Great reply Mick. And this,

"Vote for me and I will take any health benefits you just received with the current legislation."  Do they really think their are enough inbred, brainless individuals out there to give them Congress back with that sort of announcement?

I'm not sure what to make of it. I do know that to much of this  (:<)||will turn a brain to mush. Could that be it?

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 04:56:01 AM by Smokebender »
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: Michael Moore and The Daily Show
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 05:17:38 AM »

Another thing that is interesting to watch develop.  The GOP members of Congress, on both the House and Senate floor, started last week threatening the Democratic legislators that would be voting for the bill by stating that if they did vote yes, they would pay for it in the fall.  Boener, in his last rant just before the vote, was adamant with his announcement that the GOP would take over Congress in the fall and then they would repeal the bill.  Already there is a movement within the GOP to find 218 Congressmen/women to sign a petition to demand Nancy Pelosi to recognize a repeal vote. 

Last night, I heard a half dozen analysts, including a couple of GOP analysts, state that, in essence the GOP is simply shooting themselves in the foot and with this sort of strategy, they could lose even more seats this fall.  As the American public become more familiar with the details in the bill that just passed, you will see the poll numbers rise concerning liking what the Health Reform Bill offers.  The GOP has branded itself as not wanting to help the people of America with the problems in the health market and they will not be able to back up on this pose.  I wonder if we are watching the demise of a political party?  It could easily be replaced by three different parties as could the Democratic party.  Pretty interesting stuff, I would think.

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
Re: Health Care Reform
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 06:49:12 AM »
March 23, 2010

You already know about the health care reform vote, but you might not know what's in it for you. Here's 10 things that will kick in this year.

You already know about the Democrats' big health care reform victory Sunday night, the deal it took to get there, and the debate that will come next. But if you haven't been paying close attention, you might not know what's in it for you. America, here's what you've won (and all of this stuff kicks in this year):

http://www.alternet.org/story/146134/america%2C_here_are_10_things_you%27ve_just_won_with_health_care_reform
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
Re: More email
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 11:59:26 AM »

Dear Steven,

President Obama has just signed into law historic health insurance reform legislation called the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The Senate will now take up a package of fixes to make the bill even better.

I want to highlight some of the changes that middle-class families and small businesses will see over the next year:

Starting Right Now...

o   Small businesses will get a tax cut to help them pay for health insurance for their employees. Companies will get a credit up to 35 percent of the money they spend on premiums. Those credits will increase over time, eventually reaching 50 percent when the Insurance Exchanges go into effect. The full credit is available to small firms with 10 or fewer employees, and firms with up to 25 employees will qualify for a partial credit.

o   The federal government will begin investing in community health centers to provide care to the people who need it most. In the next five years, $11 billion will be spent expanding access to health centers to 25 million more people in 10,000 communities.

o   Any senior who is affected by the so-called "doughnut hole" will qualify for a $250 rebate to help them pay for their prescription medicines.

In 3 Months...

o   People with pre-existing conditions will be able to get help with a special fund set up to cover the gap until the Insurance Exchanges are up and running.

o   Retiree health plans qualify for a new federal reinsurance program for health plans covering early retirees (age 55-64) to bring down costs for businesses and lower premiums.

In 6 Months...

o   All health plans will be prohibited from denying coverage or care to children because of "pre-existing conditions." This protection will apply to everyone when the Insurance Exchanges are up and running.

o   All health plans will be required to allow young adults to stay on their parents' insurance until age 26.

o   All new health plans will be required to provide free preventive care with no co-pays or deductibles.

o   All health plans will be prohibited from cancelling coverage when a patient reaches a lifetime limit on coverage.

o   All health plans will be prohibited from cancelling coverage if a patient gets sick or if they file too many claims.

o   All new health plans will be required to allow consumers to appeal insurance company denials of coverage and get an independent review of their case.

o   All new health plans will be required to let you pick your own primary care doctor. Women will also be allowed to visit their ob-gyn without getting permission from their insurance company first, and all patients will be guaranteed access to emergency care.

On January 1, 2011...

o   Seniors in Medicare can make an appointment for a free annual wellness checkup with their doctor. There will be no co-pays or deductibles for this visit.

o   All insurance plans will be required to spend at least 80-85 percent of their revenues on medical care. If they spend too much on wasteful overhead, like executive salaries and advertising, they will be required to give their customers a rebate.

The package of fixes the Senate is working on now will make this good bill even better. This "reconciliation package" will be debated over the next few days. As we continue working on this issue, I remain committed to helping middle-class families, small businesses, and seniors afford the health care coverage they need. For updated information about this new legislation, you can visit my website at http://stabenow.senate.gov/healthcare.

As always, please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you or your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

A Hopi elder speaks.

sir-individual