MisFiT Discussions > MisFiT Lounge

Work Sucks!

<< < (2/3) > >>

misfitguy:
And life continues to be good.  I am happy for you.  I went to the myspace site and, ok, yeah.  Do you have a myspace site?  Mine is http://www.myspace.com/misfitguy 

Hopefully you'll get to be able to do what you love full time.  Very few people are able to do it.  If you even get to do full time for a minute, you will be very fortunate.  By the way, what do you play?  Or our you a vocalist or both?

Good luck,

Mick

User Name:
Sorry for leaving you hanging  ::D

I play... well, i construct with keyboards, drum machines, and midi sequencing equipment for electronica based stuff.. Currently, i'm also somewhat learning the guitar.. I have a drumming background, but currently no drums (waiting on funds for that) I also dj/mix using vinyl, i play mostly electronic music on vinyl.  Currently, the band thing i was doing fell through.  I guess i should just chalk up that one to ego or ignorance on everyone's part.  It was a valuable experience though, however short lived.  Right now i'm going to try and get something going on guitar or drums and then try to use my electronics/production skills as an extra asset rather than my focus, since i don't play "piano" and most bands want a piano type keyboardist.  I am pretty much a "producer" in the sense of electronic music making, although i don't really claim the title since it has a broad meaning and not all producers are musicians and vice versa.  I'm a musician who's ideas trump the skill and resource level at this point but i have the ear for it.  I don't use computers so that puts me at sort of a disadvantage when it comes to production and i'm limited to my gear on what i can do, but i'm real close to having everything i need.  Then i could make my own albums and play my own instruments, record, and edit, master, on to finalized form.  But really what i want to do is get involved in a band if i can, so that i can start having some sort of outlet and use my personal electronic music aspirations as more of an added bonus rather than the be all/end all of my musical touch.  I have a wide variety of musical interest so i don't want to be tied down into any one area.  These are all just pipe dreams right now i guess.  But i do possess the background and some working knowledge of it all.

Not a vocalist btw  ;)  Although i could do it if i wanted to distort the hell out of my voice.   8)

Smokebender:
I enjoy my work. Everyday I start at 12:00pm. Then I take an hour for lunch, and at 1:00pm I'm done.

misfitguy:
The last job I had at Bil-Mar foods, I had the type of job that was self supervised.  We took breaks when we could, which meant we had no schedule.  This drove supervisors from other departments nuts.  One day a supervisor from some other department had came up to me in the cafeteria and said it seemed my break was longer than would have been expected.  I said, "Really?  You think so?"  (I love answering like this.  It isn't an argument, but requires him to either drop it or continue to be a nosey, asshole)

He said, "Yes. Don't you?"  Of course I said, "No, I would say that is about just the right amount." I then added, "Look Harry, I'm on the EBP. There is little I can do about it."  He said, "What's that?"  I said, "Wow, you never heard of it?  I signed up for it when I first hired in.  I thought it sounded pretty good.  It stands for the Extended Break Program.  It simply says that if you start break early, you have to stay in the break room an equal amount of time after the normal break program is over.  Harry, if you're not on it, I would go to personnel and ask them about it."

He looked at me and said, "We'll see about this.  I'm going to check."

Now you tell me that "work sucks" when you can have that sort of fun.

As a footnote, Harry told me the next day that personnel had never heard of the EBP program and Linda would like me to drop in.  I did and Linda and I had a great laugh together.

Mick

misfitguy:
We have a line that we sell in the summer to bikers called Signs of a Misfit.  They are the type one would hang on an office wall, if you don't have any class, or at a work place.  One of them has a picture of the MisFiT guy and the header
100 Per Center.  It went like this.

100 PER CENTER

I believe in giving 100% every week

Monday……………………………..12%
Tuesday…………….……………….18%
Wednesday……………………….32%
Thursday…………………………..27%
Friday………………………………..11%

I would give more than 100%,
but there just ain’t enough days
in the week.

Navigation