World Discussions > News

Never Have and Never Will

<< < (2/5) > >>

Truthsayer:
May this message reach millions of people around the world who will in turn pass it on to millions more. (;D)b

Smokebender:
Well thank you for that idea. There are some very powerful people on both sides of this issue. One side says water should be free. The others want you to pay them every time you turn on the tap. Sad but true. Some people will stop at nothing. All they know is greed.
So I say please don't buy water.

Truthsayer:
In most Canadian Cities they charge you a water bill every two months. The government thinks it is doing you a favor by not charging you tax on it. Food and water are  "tax free" because they are 'necessities'. Make any sense to you?

Smokebender:

--- Quote from: Truthsayer on February 14, 2009, 10:56:29 PM ---In most Canadian Cities they charge you a water bill every two months. The government thinks it is doing you a favor by not charging you tax on it. Food and water are  "tax free" because they are 'necessities'. Make any sense to you?

--- End quote ---
No. What makes sense to me is to not pay for water in any way, shape or form. No if's and's or but's. Just one of many reasons I don't live in the city.

Smokebender:
This is just one example of why I started this thread.

http://www.alternet.org/water/141052/david_v._goliath%3A_help_michigan_citizens_protect_their_water_from_nestle%27s_bottling_operations/

Even if I did not live in Michigan I would side with the people fighting this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version