MisFiT Discussions > MisFiT Lounge

Just chat

(1/96) > >>

Smokebender:
So what's new? What's old? What's up? Anything goes..........lets chat.   W==(:D)==

Truthsayer:
What's new? I guess my life, if I can get it off the ground. I'm 44 years old. I left a secure job and life back on the east coast to pursue a dream I put on hold 20 years ago so as to raise my children as a single mom. My girls are grown now, with lives of their own, so I decided to take a risk. I wish to pursue my interest in the performing arts. Vancouver offers a broader range of opportunities for this type of work than Halifax and there are schools here particularily for this purpose. Mid life crisis? My faith says no. What's new with you and yours?

Smokebender:
What you have done, and are doing sounds fantastic, bold and wonderful. So many never even start to follow a dream.      I see you making it happen, and that's what it's all about. Tell us more of this interesting dream of yours if you will.

Truthsayer:
Where to start! My dream is to not necessarily be "famous", but to be "acknowledged". I have a wealth of talent for most venues of the arts including music/singing, acting, writing, philosophy, photography and I am an amateur astrologer/numerologist. To choose only one and follow it to the end! I need to express myself in all of them to be completely fulfilled. I can make people laugh without having to be onstage, I sing karaoke whenever I can, I use music and dance as a form of therapy to vent my emotions and keep them in proper perspective. My passion is writing poetry and philosophy. I was working toward a Bachelor of Arts in philosophy/religion, but only completed 2 years because my children were still very young and required my full time attention. Once I get settled here with my job and save some money, I want to attend a school for the performing arts, most specifically acting. One step at a time is all I can take. My life philosophy is this: If I have to work hard, blood, sweat and tears, all of my life to acquire, achieve, obtain or accomplish just ONE thing in life, "I'M GOING TO WANT TO TAKE IT WITH ME WHEN I GO". I may not have much in the way of material wealth, and may never acquire it, but I have gained a wealth of knowledge, wisdom and insight. This is something I can give freely and generously to the world, and still take it all with me when I go. That's fulfillment!

Smokebender:
It seems you're on your way. Material wealth is over rated, and you may never be famous, but you're already a star.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version