Author Topic: Just chat  (Read 255732 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: Just chat
« Reply #375 on: March 23, 2009, 08:49:54 AM »
The Sea Hunt main character's name was Mike Nelson, play by Loyd Bridges. Tarzan and Mike Nelson were all that for me as a kid.

Oops, Lloyd Douglas was an author that wrote The Robe and Lloyd Bridges was the father of Jeff and Beau Bridges and if I don't get it right this time, just laugh behind my back, please.

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
  • Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #376 on: March 23, 2009, 09:03:40 AM »
Right you are Sir.   (BD)b
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #377 on: March 23, 2009, 01:35:54 PM »
My very own submersible! ~D~ How I would love to join the sea hunters in search of ancient shipwrecks and other underworld treasures. Maybe I'll discover the lost continent of Atlantis! ::D
Your post made me recall a TV show that I loved as a child. "Sea Hunt" it was called. You're to young to remember it BB. <><

I'm still too young for something? Wow! I did get up on the right side of the bed this morning! ***(:D)***
As God as my witness, I cannot tell a lie.  ;)

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #378 on: March 24, 2009, 04:14:35 AM »
So now we have our cups and bubble wrap to boot. Life is good, right BB? What shall our next quest be?
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #379 on: March 24, 2009, 10:06:39 AM »
Let us strive to achieve another cup and more bubbles to burst.

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #380 on: March 24, 2009, 10:53:32 AM »
That's a tall order. I'm not sure how or even if we could earn another cup. I dare not ask. You?
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #381 on: March 24, 2009, 12:17:46 PM »
Let us strive to achieve another cup and more bubbles to burst.

Just for you bubble wrap afficiendo's  go to

http://www.addictinggames.com/bubblewrap.html?cid=YSSP

or  here

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/bubble-wrap.swf

and if you want to own the flash program, ask me and I will email it to you.  These programs will give you all the bubble wrap you ever wanted.

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #382 on: March 24, 2009, 12:19:48 PM »

Sass just told me that she is embedding Bubble wrap into our site.  She'll be putting it in the favorite games thread.  You'll be able to play with bubble wrap right on our website.

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #383 on: March 24, 2009, 08:03:37 PM »
Invasion of the bubble wrap! Hey, that could be the name of my first movie! ::D

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #384 on: March 24, 2009, 08:51:24 PM »
Invasion of the bubble wrap! Hey, that could be the name of my first movie! ::D
A movie? Lets see, you and bubble wrap....... :)7....I have an idea or two.  :o  I better not.   ^:|--
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:53:46 PM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline EdisonBoy

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #385 on: March 26, 2009, 07:12:06 AM »
What's new? I guess my life, if I can get it off the ground. I'm 44 years old. I left a secure job and life back on the east coast to pursue a dream I put on hold 20 years ago so as to raise my children as a single mom. My girls are grown now, with lives of their own, so I decided to take a risk. I wish to pursue my interest in the performing arts. Vancouver offers a broader range of opportunities for this type of work than Halifax and there are schools here particularily for this purpose. Mid life crisis? My faith says no. What's new with you and yours?

It's interesting that you bring this up Truthsayer.  I have been out of a steady job since Nov. '07.  I have been working on and off for retail, but I can't seem to fit in anywhere.  When the "management" starts in treating their employees cruddy (and they always seem to do that) the loudmouth Texan in me starts going.  Ask Mick, he's witnessed me do this before.   ;)  I'm good at IT, and even Microsoft certified (or is it certifiable? ~D~ ) but all the IT jobs have gone over to India (I have nothing against Indians, but American jobs need to stay in America).  No kidding, ever called the Microsoft help line lately?!

So, I've been looking into a life-long dream of my own.  When I was a teenager (I'm 47) I used to build models and draw and other creative stuff.  I used to build some really intricately detailed models.  My dad always tried to discourage me from doing anything creative, saying "You'll never make any money doing anything like that."  He even went through my room and destroyed my models while I was out one time.

So, anyway, my dream back then was to go to California and to build miniatures for the movies.  Of course, I never told my dad that I wanted to do that, I knew what he'd say.  Still, there was that little voice in my head telling me not to try it, that I would just end up a failure and a bum.

So, because of my troubles I've gotten with the Virginia Dept. of Veterans Affairs, who are putting out a lot of money to get people off of unemployment, and looking into getting myself financed to go to this school called DAVE School. (http://www.daveschool.com/).  DAVE stands for digital animation and visual effects.  They are down in Florida on the back lots of Universal Studios, and major studios hire through their school.  Talk about a life-long dream fulfilled!

However, nothing is final, but I have an orientation to go through the program they have to get these people educated for new careers (called WIA, I don't know why).

I don't think we're going through mid-life crisis.  I just think we're learning to love ourselves for who we are, after having loved and raised others for so long.  I've learned, especially from my wife, how to be comfortable with myself.  I've stopped letting others tell me I have to change for them.  That's why I get fired!  LOL!

Good luck on your new stage career!

Allen
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 07:17:00 AM by EdisonBoy »

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #386 on: March 28, 2009, 08:31:39 PM »
What's new? I guess my life, if I can get it off the ground. I'm 44 years old. I left a secure job and life back on the east coast to pursue a dream I put on hold 20 years ago so as to raise my children as a single mom. My girls are grown now, with lives of their own, so I decided to take a risk. I wish to pursue my interest in the performing arts. Vancouver offers a broader range of opportunities for this type of work than Halifax and there are schools here particularily for this purpose. Mid life crisis? My faith says no. What's new with you and yours?

It's interesting that you bring this up Truthsayer.  I have been out of a steady job since Nov. '07.  I have been working on and off for retail, but I can't seem to fit in anywhere.  When the "management" starts in treating their employees cruddy (and they always seem to do that) the loudmouth Texan in me starts going.  Ask Mick, he's witnessed me do this before.   ;)  I'm good at IT, and even Microsoft certified (or is it certifiable? ~D~ ) but all the IT jobs have gone over to India (I have nothing against Indians, but American jobs need to stay in America).  No kidding, ever called the Microsoft help line lately?!

So, I've been looking into a life-long dream of my own.  When I was a teenager (I'm 47) I used to build models and draw and other creative stuff.  I used to build some really intricately detailed models.  My dad always tried to discourage me from doing anything creative, saying "You'll never make any money doing anything like that."  He even went through my room and destroyed my models while I was out one time.

So, anyway, my dream back then was to go to California and to build miniatures for the movies.  Of course, I never told my dad that I wanted to do that, I knew what he'd say.  Still, there was that little voice in my head telling me not to try it, that I would just end up a failure and a bum.

So, because of my troubles I've gotten with the Virginia Dept. of Veterans Affairs, who are putting out a lot of money to get people off of unemployment, and looking into getting myself financed to go to this school called DAVE School. (http://www.daveschool.com/).  DAVE stands for digital animation and visual effects.  They are down in Florida on the back lots of Universal Studios, and major studios hire through their school.  Talk about a life-long dream fulfilled!

However, nothing is final, but I have an orientation to go through the program they have to get these people educated for new careers (called WIA, I don't know why).

I don't think we're going through mid-life crisis.  I just think we're learning to love ourselves for who we are, after having loved and raised others for so long.  I've learned, especially from my wife, how to be comfortable with myself.  I've stopped letting others tell me I have to change for them.  That's why I get fired!  LOL!

Good luck on your new stage career!

Allen

Way to go!! (;D)b

I think we listened to too many other people who thought they knew what's best for us and what we needed was to listen to our own voice! Even now my family accuses me of "shirking my responsibility". To whom? What about the responsibility we have to ourselves? I'm tired of trying to mold myself into something I'm not because it fits the person they want me to be. Good luck to you on your making a dream a true.  [peace]

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #387 on: March 30, 2009, 07:38:52 PM »
Is it April already? I'm sure the calander says one more day ???

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #388 on: March 30, 2009, 07:40:49 PM »
 [anyone]

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #389 on: March 30, 2009, 07:42:09 PM »
 ^:|--   Ohhh, I get it. April Fool is me! :-[