Author Topic: Just chat  (Read 255582 times)

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
Re: Just chat
« Reply #420 on: June 03, 2009, 01:56:14 PM »
Wow! I turned the big 45 today. Ya know what they say; The first fifty years is hell then it's all down hill! *=:)=*  I'm sending this one off with a bang! (relax, i'm not going to shoot myself) Maybe even have some  [BBpancakes]
As God as my witness, I cannot tell a lie.  ;)

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
  • Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #421 on: June 03, 2009, 02:32:45 PM »
Well happy birthday to you my friend. I hope you have a wonderful time. As for the pancakes, be careful.    ^:|--

~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~  ~(..)~
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #422 on: June 03, 2009, 02:58:41 PM »
After 12 years of checking out the blueberries, it's time to make the pancakes  ::D But you're right. I did say "maybe". Maybe rarely ever turns out to be a sure thing.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 03:01:04 PM by Truthsayer »

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #423 on: June 03, 2009, 04:10:30 PM »
Well happy birthday to you my friend. I hope you have a wonderful time. As for the pancakes, be careful.    ^:|--

~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~ ~(..)~  ~(..)~

Thank you so much for the birthday greeting! ~D~

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #424 on: June 04, 2009, 04:47:07 AM »
Wow! I turned the big 45 today. Ya know what they say; The first fifty years is hell then it's all down hill! *=:)=*  I'm sending this one off with a bang! (relax, i'm not going to shoot myself) Maybe even have some  [BBpancakes]

Here's what I experienced. 

I dreaded becoming 30.  I grew up with the saying "Never trust anybody over 30" and here I was becoming one of those guys.  Well, I found my 30's were a lot better than my 20's to the point you will never hear me say I would like to be in my 20's again.  I would never want to have to live those years over.

I became 40 with an heart attack.  Changed my life and I can tell you my 40's were a lot better than my 30's.

I turned 50 feeling pretty good about life.  I had been self-employed for 3 years and enjoying it and believed that since every decade in the past got better, my 50's should be good.

I turned 60 diabetic.  I remembered, though, that I met Sassafras when I was 50 and my life grew and the past 10 years were glorious.  Every decade of my life just gets better, so I entered my 60th decade with a lot of positive thoughts.  I am now 62 and ready to tell you that life just keeps getting better.  I have no idea what old age means.  Probably refers to a worn out body because my mind is better than it ever was.  My thoughts are clearer, many of my dreams are now memories and I don't worry about all the dumb stuff.

I realize that I used the word "I" a lot, but I was trying to share with you my experience with "getting older".  This could also be one of the longest "HAPPY BIRTHDAYS"  I have ever given.

warmly,

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #425 on: June 04, 2009, 11:15:48 AM »
Thank you so much for that insightful birthday greeting! ((:D)) Actually, it gives me a sense of hope for my future that I am looking forward to.  [peace]

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #426 on: June 09, 2009, 04:25:28 PM »
It's been quiet on the home front all weekend. Nice weather....and I thought I would never say this....too hot to do anything! What is it with us humans? We wish our winters away so as to enjoy the warmth of summer, then when summer becomes too hot we wish it were cooler. Then, after wishing our years away, we wonder where the time goes!  :)7

And how was everyone else's week?  [peace]

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #427 on: June 09, 2009, 06:53:38 PM »
It's been quiet on the home front all weekend. Nice weather....and I thought I would never say this....too hot to do anything! What is it with us humans? We wish our winters away so as to enjoy the warmth of summer, then when summer becomes too hot we wish it were cooler. Then, after wishing our years away, we wonder where the time goes!  :)7

And how was everyone else's week?  [peace]

Our week has been good.  We spent a lot of money getting ready for the motorcycle show next week where we will be serving breakfast for 1500 bikers as well as our line of sunglasses.  We ordered 100 lbs of breakfast sausage, bought 20 dozen english muffins, a 20 lb bag of flour, another oven, lots of styrofoam dishes and cups, and other acoutrements.

The questions you asked are similar to ones asked by John Steinbeck in Cannery Row.  His had to do with why we long for freedom from a job, leisure and a stressless life and then loathe individuals that have attained these goals by simply dropping out, such as bums and drifters.  Interesting questions.

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #428 on: June 09, 2009, 07:47:19 PM »
I'm having a good week here on the dental floss ranch, or the DFR as we like to call it.
It's that time of year, time to plant the floss. In the fall we cut it, wax it and put it a little
white box that we can sell uptown. By myself I don't have no boss, just me and the lonely dental floss.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #429 on: June 09, 2009, 08:28:34 PM »
Smoke,

Ever considered planting pasta plants?  I understand that they do well in the fruit belt.

~Groucho Marx

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #430 on: June 09, 2009, 08:47:06 PM »
It does get rather fruity around here at times. I think I'll try that, thanks Mick.
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #431 on: June 10, 2009, 10:54:50 AM »
I'm having a good week here on the dental floss ranch, or the DFR as we like to call it.
It's that time of year, time to plant the floss. In the fall we cut it, wax it and put it a little
white box that we can sell uptown. By myself I don't have no boss, just me and the lonely dental floss.

Ever thought of reciting those lines to rap music? You could be the next eminem! Have your own American Idol song. ::D

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #432 on: June 10, 2009, 11:05:39 AM »
I hate rap music. Anyway I'm sure Moon Unit Zappa would not take kindly to that use of her father's work.

Other than that it's a great idea.    (BD)
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #433 on: June 10, 2009, 04:11:18 PM »
Frank Zappa was a dentist? <:(

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #434 on: June 10, 2009, 04:24:27 PM »
Don't take my cynicism and sarcasm too seriously darlin'. It's all done with humor. I'm gearing up for my life on the stage. ::D

sir-individual