Author Topic: Tattoos  (Read 6925 times)

Offline JippiJ

• Purple Maple Syruple
Tattoos
« on: October 19, 2009, 04:07:59 AM »
Morning peoples,

It occurs to me that I might be the only person currently using this forum, in which case does it make me crazy to be posting to myself or would it only be a problem if I was replying, and by doing so ended up arguing with myself.
There is a whole world of psycho analysis required there I think.

Anyhows I was down getting the rest of my tattoo sleeve completed yesterday when I thought that would be a good topic for conversation.

I wear a suit during the working day and normally would not have my tattoos on display however when it is hot in the summer it is difficult to not role up the sleeves.

My question is this: Do people think that with the change in attitude towards tattoos in general, should we now be allowed to display them during everyday work situations? Also what consitutes offensive?

Jippij
Be gratefull you have the chance to speak, don't waste it!

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: Tattoos
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 11:04:51 AM »
Morning peoples,

It occurs to me that I might be the only person currently using this forum, in which case does it make me crazy to be posting to myself or would it only be a problem if I was replying, and by doing so ended up arguing with myself.
There is a whole world of psycho analysis required there I think.

Anyhows I was down getting the rest of my tattoo sleeve completed yesterday when I thought that would be a good topic for conversation.

I wear a suit during the working day and normally would not have my tattoos on display however when it is hot in the summer it is difficult to not role up the sleeves.

My question is this: Do people think that with the change in attitude towards tattoos in general, should we now be allowed to display them during everyday work situations? Also what consitutes offensive?

Jippij

You made me smile.  Sometimes, it may seem like you are the only one posting, and for a minute, you just may be.  I already mentioned that Sassafras (the administrator) and I travel and are sometimes away from our computer for long periods.  We are asking another member today to become a moderator and hopefully, he will be able to not let members like yourself feel alone here.

Concerning your tattoos.  I am a 63 year old biker without a tattoo.  I don't mind tattoos and wouldn't care if my employees had them if they weren't distracting.  If they were distracting, I would want them to cover them.  I believe the same concerning a dress code.  Last month, in a motorcycle show, I had hired a local 18 year old girl to work for us.  Her Godmother suggested she had to dress differently since Marie was going to be working in a bike show and she showed up dressed like a street walker.  This happened the second day of the show and I asked her not to dress that way, as it distracted from our business. If she had dressed this way when I interviewed her, I wouldn't have hired her. For the rest of the days she worked for me, she dressed a little more normal.

I would say you should discuss your tats with your employer and go from there.

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

sir-individual