Art Discussions > Photography

Looking for a Point and Shoot

(1/1)

Sassafras:
Mick and I bought a Fuji Finepix 2650 back in 2001.  We were disappointed that the camera took so long to take a picture and regenerate before taking another picture.  It wasn't the perfect camera, but it has lasted us 6 years until recently when I dropped it on the zoom lens.  It still works, but the zoom lens zooms cock-eyed and there's something raddling around inside the body.  Needless to say, I'm looking for another PnS camera.

Earlier this year, we purchased a E-510 from Olympus and I was checking out their PnS cameras today.  There was one camera that really caught my eye.  It was the FE-280.  What really interested me was the movie and voice capability.  The 8 mega-pixels are a bit much for a simple point and shoot, but I really can't complain.  I would like to find out how quickly it regenerates itself between pictures.  I'll have to do some perusing in the camera forums for it information it looks like.  I checked the specifications on the Olympus website and it gives information about the movie function but not for picture taking.  It has a rechargeable battery so we'll mostly have to purchase an extra battery for those "just in case" times.

The FE-280 seems like a really nice camera for the price too - $179.00 srp.  I would imagine it will go down by the time we're ready to buy.

That's all I have for now,
Sass

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version