Author Topic: As George Bush Speaks (A collection of infamous quotes by an infamous President)  (Read 10347 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
These are not really funny since they are actual quotes of one of the most powerful men in the world.  It makes you wonder who the puppeteer is that is actually running the show.

More Bush Sayings

"It'll be hard to articulate." -George W. Bush, anticipating how he'll feel upon assuming the presidency, Jan. 2001

"I do remain confident in Linda. She'll make a fine labor secretary. From what I've read in the press accounts, she's perfectly qualified." -George W. Bush, commenting on Linda Chavez, Jan. 2001

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods." -George W. Bush, Dec. 20, 2000

"I am mindful of the difference between the executive branch and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders that I know the difference, and that difference is they pass the laws and I execute them." -George W. Bush, Dec. 20, 2000

"I also have picked a secretary for Housing and Human Development. Mel Martinez from the state of Florida." -George W. Bush, Dec. 20, 2000

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - so long as I'm the dictator." -George W. Bush, Dec. 19, 2000

"Dick Cheney and I do not want this nation to be in a recession. We want anybody who can find work to be able to find work.

" -George W. Bush, 60 minutes II, CBS, December 5, 2000 "The great thing about America is everybody should vote." -George W. Bush

"As far as the legal hassling and wrangling and posturing in Florida, I would suggest you talk to our team in Florida led by Jim Baker." -George W. Bush

"The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law." -George W. Bush, Nov. 2000
"They misunderestimated me." -George W. Bush, Nov. 2000

"If you don't stand for anything, you don't stand for anything!" -George W. Bush, Bellevue Community College, Nov. 2, 2000

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." -George W. Bush

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." -George W. Bush

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." -George W. Bush

"If affirmative action means what I just described, what I'm for, then I'm for it." -George W. Bush, during the third presidential debate

"The idea of putting subliminable messages into ads is ridiculous." -George W. Bush

"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected." -George W. Bush

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." -George W. Bush

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." -George W. Bush

"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is - I'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president.
" -George W. Bush, during the third presidential debate, Oct. 2000

"The woman who knew that I had dyslexia - I never interviewed her." -George W. Bush, responding to a magazine article claiming he suffered from dyslexia

"Laura and I are proud to call John and Michelle Engler our friends. I know you're proud to call him governor. What a good man the Englers are." -George W. Bush, Nov. 2000

"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas." -George W. Bush, Beaverton, Ore., Sep. 25, 2000

"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness." -George W. Bush, in a CNN online chat, Aug. 2000

"We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile.'' -George W. Bush

"I'm gonna talk about the ideal world, Chris. I've read - I understand reality. If you're asking me as the president, would I understand reality, I do." -George W. Bush, on MSNBC's "Hardball"

"The fact that he relies on facts - says things that are not factual - are going to undermine his campaign." -George W. Bush on Al Gore

"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." -George W. Bush

"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It's what you do when you run for president. You gotta preserve." -George W. Bush, speaking during "Perseverance Month" at Fairgrounds Elementary School in Nashua, New Hampshire

"The senator has got to understand if he's going to have - he can't have it both ways. He can't take the high horse and then claim the low road." -George W. Bush, on Sen. John McCain

"When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us versus them, and it was clear who them was. Today we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2000

"I don't want to win? If that were the case, why the heck am I on the bus sixteen hours a day, shaking thousands of hands, giving hundreds of speeches, getting pillared in the press and cartoons and still staying on message to win?" -George W. Bush, Jan. 2000

"If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2000

"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case." -George W. Bush

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." -George W. Bush

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" -George W. Bush

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign." -George W. Bush

"Actually, I - this may sound a little West Texas to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about - when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me." -George W. Bush

"I was raised in the West. The West of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California." -George W. Bush

"It was just inebriating what Midland was all about then." -George W. Bush, reflecting in 1994 about growing up in Midland, Texas
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Newly minted phrases by Georgie,

Bush muses on marriage, chicken-plucking  

By DEB RIECHMANN, Associated Press Writer
Thu Apr 19, 6:13 PM ET

When Bush went to Ohio on Thursday to talk about terrorism, he ended up musing about marriage and chicken-plucking plants, the agony of death and his Oval Office rug, which resembles a sunburst.

About his legacy, Bush said historians are still assessing George Washington, the nation's first leader. "My attitude is, if they're still writing about (number) one, 43 doesn't need to worry about it."

On being married: "A good marriage is really good after serving together in Washington, D.C."

Maybe the president just felt like jabbering at the town hall-style event in Tipp City, Ohio. He began talking about terrorism and ended 90 minutes later after chattering about everything from life after the White House to Vietnam War and the brutal        Khmer Rouge regime.

Some highlights:

_"Politics comes and goes, but your principles don't. And everybody wants to be loved ? not everybody. ... You never heard anybody say, `I want to be despised, I'm running for office.'"

_"The best thing about my family is my wife. She is a great first lady. I know that sounds not very objective, but that's how I feel. And she's also patient. Putting up with me requires a lot of patience."

_"There are jobs Americans aren't doing. ... If you've got a chicken factory, a chicken-plucking factory, or whatever you call them, you know what I'm talking about."

_"There are some similarities, of course" between        Iraq and Vietnam. "Death is terrible."

_"I've been in politics long enough to know that polls just go poof at times."

As he has before, Bush told the story about how his first presidential decision was to pick a rug for the Oval Office, a task he quickly cast to his wife. He told her to make sure the rug reflected optimism "because you can't make decisions unless you're optimistic that the decisions you make will lead to a better tomorrow."

Later, when he talked about his hope for succeeding in Iraq, Bush said, "Remember the rug?"

~Groucho Marx

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
These are my responses to George W. Bush's statements.  Mine will be in Blue.

More Bush Sayings

"It'll be hard to articulate." -George W. Bush, anticipating how he'll feel upon assuming the presidency, Jan. 2001As most things seem to be for Georgie.

"I do remain confident in Linda. She'll make a fine labor secretary. From what I've read in the press accounts, she's perfectly qualified." -George W. Bush, commenting on Linda Chavez, Jan. 2001  Well, thank you Mr. President for giving us some insight in the sources you use for making your important decisions.

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods." -George W. Bush, Dec. 20, 2000 Most people use the word "hemispheric" to refer to a part of the brain, because that is what the word means.  I am glad our president decided to share with us why he liked to use the word. Do you think he is trying to rewrite the dictionary?

"I am mindful of the difference between the executive branch and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders that I know the difference, and that difference is they pass the laws and I execute them." -George W. Bush, Dec. 20, 2000 So George thinks his real job is being a police officer.  Should somebody tell him that he was elected president, or shall we all just sit back, observe and laugh our asses off?

"I also have picked a secretary for Housing and Human Development. Mel Martinez from the state of Florida." -George W. Bush, Dec. 20, 2000 Hmmmm.  I wonder what a "Human Development" secretary does.  If it has something to do with breeding, I want that job.

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - so long as I'm the dictator." -George W. Bush, Dec. 19, 2000 Well, George, I think one of the qualifications of being a dictator is you would have to be able to spell the word.  I guess that leaves you out.

"Dick Cheney and I do not want this nation to be in a recession. We want anybody who can find work to be able to find work.So, George, you and Dick, as the two highest placed executives in our government believe, A:  You don't like recessions, and B:  you want anybody who can find work to be able to find work, or something like that.  I think this nation is in trouble.

" -George W. Bush, 60 minutes II, CBS, December 5, 2000 "The great thing about America is everybody should vote." -George W. Bush .Psssst, George, come here.  Fire your speech writer, then look up mixed metaphor and never, ever, ever use one again.

"As far as the legal hassling and wrangling and posturing in Florida, I would suggest you talk to our team in Florida led by Jim Baker." -George W. Bush If my memory serves me correctly, Jim Baker was ahead of the team of hasslers, wranglers and posturers.  I guess there isn't anybody in a better position we could ask.

"The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law." -George W. Bush, Nov. 2000 Well, then we can just fire all those judges, because George is here. 

"They misunderestimated me." -George W. Bush, Nov. 2000 Yeah, I know.  They weren't low enough in their estimations.

"If you don't stand for anything, you don't stand for anything!" -George W. Bush, Bellevue Community College, Nov. 2, 2000 George, can I share something with you?  If you repeat a phrase to support the phrase you just repeated, then those people that just heard you do that will turn to each other and say, "What an idiot!" 

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." -George W. Bush George loves those pictures.

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." -George W. Bush Off with their heads, I say.  How could they think that.  Some sort of "federal program"?  Social Security?  Whoever thought that one up?

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." -George W. Bush HUH????

"If affirmative action means what I just described, what I'm for, then I'm for it." -George W. Bush, during the third presidential debate HUH?????  HUH??????

"The idea of putting subliminable messages into ads is ridiculous." -George W. Bush HUH????? HUH????? HUH?????

"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected." -George W. Bush Have you ever seen a bunch of words together that individually you know what they mean, but together, jeese, what did he say?

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." -George W. Bush As long as we remember to not breath when we are visiting our fishy friends in their home.

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." -George W. Bush And it is even harder to get the food off.

"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is - I'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president." -George W. Bush, during the third presidential debate, Oct. 2000Did he just threaten to kill us all?

"The woman who knew that I had dyslexia - I never interviewed her." -George W. Bush, responding to a magazine article claiming he suffered from dyslexia George's second job must be as a reporter.

"Laura and I are proud to call John and Michelle Engler our friends. I know you're proud to call him governor. What a good man the Englers are." -George W. Bush, Nov. 2000 Should that really be John and Mike?

"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas." -George W. Bush, Beaverton, Ore., Sep. 25, 2000 That's it, George.  Stop those "imports" from overseas.  We need to "import" from the US, maybe?

"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness." -George W. Bush, in a CNN online chat, Aug. 2000 So that explains why you are the way you are. And we though it was because you were dishonest.  Our bad!

"We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile.'' -George W. BushYou ever notice that when George likes a word, he just uses it anychance he gets?

"I'm gonna talk about the ideal world, Chris. I've read - I understand reality. If you're asking me as the president, would I understand reality, I do." -George W. Bush, on MSNBC's "Hardball" So the "ideal world" is your reality?  Or you've read so therefore you are?  Or what is the sound of one hand clapping?

"The fact that he relies on facts - says things that are not factual - are going to undermine his campaign." -George W. Bush on Al Gore George can't stand those guys that tell the truth

"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." -George W. Bush I will let George's words answer him on this one.

"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It's what you do when you run for president. You gotta preserve." -George W. Bush, speaking during "Perseverance Month" at Fairgrounds Elementary School in Nashua, New Hampshire George says he loves his strawberry preserves.

"The senator has got to understand if he's going to have - he can't have it both ways. He can't take the high horse and then claim the low road." -George W. Bush, on Sen. John McCain George, what did I tell you about mixed metaphors?

"When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us versus them, and it was clear who them was. Today we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2000 After that, we're not sure who "us" is.

"I don't want to win? If that were the case, why the heck am I on the bus sixteen hours a day, shaking thousands of hands, giving hundreds of speeches, getting pillared in the press and cartoons and still staying on message to win?" -George W. Bush, Jan. 2000 I hate it when I get pillared by anybody.

"If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2000 Terriers can be a problem, but those "bariffs", oh boy, they're the real rascals to watch out for.

"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case." -George W. Bush I understand Georgette looks marvelous in an evening gown.

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." -George W. Bush Spoken like the top executive of the most powerful nation in the world......NOT!

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" -George W. Bush The reason the question is seldom asked is most people aren't that ignorant.

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign." -George W. Bush Yeah buddy.  I'm getting sick of those principles.

"Actually, I - this may sound a little West Texas to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about - when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me." -George W. Bush That's not West Texas, George.  That's self-centered, narcissitic and, maybe, just stupid sounding.

"I was raised in the West. The West of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California." -George W. Bush Yeah, like about 1500 miles closer.

"It was just inebriating what Midland was all about then." -George W. Bush, reflecting in 1994 about growing up in Midland, Texas So is this a Jack Daniel memory?

~Groucho Marx

sir-individual