Author Topic: Bigfoot sighting, March of 2003  (Read 12450 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Bigfoot sighting, March of 2003
« on: January 15, 2009, 08:14:40 PM »
Bigfoot sighting, March, 2003

Sassafras and I were invited to spend a few days in the Huron National Forest with a group of investigators that had some pretty interesting experiences over the past year or so.  We had seen some videos, one of them discovering tracks, and another with heat sensing lens of large creatures in the woods.  Needless to say, we were pretty excited being able to become involved in a hot, meaning active, bigfoot area.

We met Mark in Birch Run, MI.  We lived in Muskegon, MI at the time and Mark lived near the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit and Birch Run seemed to be a sensible place for us to meet.  We journeyed up to Mio, MI and met a local individual and then went out into the forest and set-up camp.  I remember setting up a 10x20 canopy for cooking under and looking out into the woods, wondering if we were being watched.  We also set-up a tent so the local man could sleep in it and Sassafras and I planned on sleeping in the van.

We spent the rest of the day getting to know each other and with Mark and the local sharing some of their own experiences.  We walked down a two track road for a mile or more and the local was showing us an odd behavior.  There were small pine trees, 2 to 5 feet in height that had been pulled from the ground and then thrown into trees above the road.  We discussed what it could mean, and me asking if there was any other signs like this any place else in the woods.  They both agreed that they had only found these small trees on this road. 

Later, as the sun went down, we started hearing Barred owls and as we cooked and ate supper.  Both of these guys could imitate a Barred Owl pretty good and so we had some fun with them hooting and getting responses.  We were pretty tired and finally went to bed around 11PM.  Mark had shared with us that he was very afraid of a lot of things. He had brought his pit-bull with him and was still concerned with sleeping in his camper alone.  He even had problems going into the woods without being armed to go to the bathroom.  I remember going into the woods myself and feeling creepy.  But, hey, I have always been afraid of the dark.

About 1 AM, I woke and couldn’t go back to sleep.  I decided if somebody was still up, I would go out by the fire and schmooze.  I looked out the side window of van and saw what I first thought was Mark squatted by the fire.  The fire had died down to coals and I thought it was odd that Mark would be out there alone and told Sassafras that.  So, I picked up my 5 cell mag-light and started to shine around the fire looking for our local man.  When I did this, Mark, or who I had thought was Mark, staying in a squat, started walking towards the wood pile.  I told Sassafras that it looked like Mark was going to put some wood on the fire.  Instead he simply, while staying in a squat, walked out into the woods.  That was it.  I sat there staring and saying to Sass, “What to Hey!”, or something like that.  It was simply unbelievable to me.

I told Sass that I think I just saw a bigfoot and we went back over everything I had said and everything I had seen and concluded that, yes, I had seen a bigfoot.  To give all the details, and this is why it is easier to tell the story in person, because I can then answer the questions that are popping around in your head, because I was close to the van’s window, I had managed to fog it up a little, so I didn’t ever have a clear vision of the bigfoot.  I mentioned to Sassafras that Mark must have went into the camper and put on a fur coat, because it looked like a very heavy fur coat.  When he walked away from us, he didn’t duck walk like a man would, with a wobble, but simply walked in a squatted position effortlessly. 

The next morning, being the skeptic I am, I questioned Mark and our local about what time they went to bed and if they had gotten up during the night.  Mark said that during the night, something had pounded on his camper and rattled his door handle.  The local man said that he thought he had heard somebody and had seen a silhouette through the tent and then had seen a flashlight moving across the tent and then the silhouette disappeared.  He said he was in a half wake state and had called out, “Mick”?....”Mark?”……”Sass?”  and didn’t get a response.  He also said he probably wouldn’t have mentioned it if I hadn’t asked about the night before.  He would have simply put it down as a dream.

Well that is it.  There were other occurrences that weekend and I will post them as well.  Any questions?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 05:09:11 PM by Smokebender »
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline Smokebender

• Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
Re: Bigfoot sighting, March of 2003
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 08:45:03 PM »
That's a very interesting story. I'm looking forward to more. Thank you for telling us about it.
Once again the Mio area is in a good report. Spring will not come to soon this year for me.
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Bone

• Blue on Blue
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 08:49:19 PM »
Mick,

I am glad you posted your sighting.  That sounds very much real and beleivable.  You are telling it like it happened and not trying to make more out of it than it was.  I have read several stories like yours about "THEM" entering camp sites and messing with tents and stuff in a courious way.  I do have one question however...what would you estimate the size of the animal if it were standing in a normal bipedal position?

Bone
Bone

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 09:09:45 PM »

Mick,

I am glad you posted your sighting.  That sounds very much real and beleivable.  You are telling it like it happened and not trying to make more out of it than it was.  I have read several stories like yours about "THEM" entering camp sites and messing with tents and stuff in a courious way.  I do have one question however...what would you estimate the size of the animal if it were standing in a normal bipedal position?

Bone

Bone,

By the way, this is the first time I have actually written this report.  I dislike titillation and hopefully you will never find any in my reports.  Concerning the height of the bigfoot.  Mark is about 5' 10" and the next day we did a lot of experimenting with him squatting down and trying to walk, etc.  I would say, if it is possible to compare a bigfoot squatting and a man squatting, that it would have been over 6'6".  So much is determined by leg length to body length and I haven't seen anybody try to create that comparison.

We all tried to walk in a squat position.  Well, I didn't for two reasons.  One, I'm too old and wore out and second, I was the one observing the others.  At that time in my life, I was walking with a cane and couldn't squat down if I wanted to.  But the others did and they all, while walking, walked in what I would call the classic "duck-walk" I remembered from football practice.  If you haven't done this or haven't done this in a while, I ask you to simply squat down and try to walk, without lifting up your butt and don't waddle like a duck.  That is what I saw.  It was very inhuman...very animal like.

I have told this story many times and many people have tried to walk as I have described and they simply can't.  The fur coat was another thing that was interesting.  I saw a silhouette, mostly, and in the silhouette I could tell it was very hairy.  When I flashed the flashlight on it, it looked, through the fog and the smoke brownish in color.  One of the best ways to become a good observer is to not think about what you saw but simply let it flow out of your brain like a video. 

Also, I should mention, anybody that has done police work will tell you eyewitnesses are very unreliable. 

We also had vocals that week and we had some pretty incredible tree knocks.  I am a skeptic.  I believe in bigfoot, don't get me wrong.  I saw one, but I am skeptical of hoaxers and other reports, particularly with those that like to talk about bumps in the night without looking out the window.  They drive me nuts.

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline nelson

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 03:00:05 PM »
Very Very cool, I appreciate you promtly telling us about your sighting after my request. makes me wonder from your account and others if bigfoot get mesmerised by fire such as we. I can sit for hours staring at a fire....nelson

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 03:39:55 PM »
Very Very cool, I appreciate you promtly telling us about your sighting after my request. makes me wonder from your account and others if bigfoot get mesmerised by fire such as we. I can sit for hours staring at a fire....nelson

I posted because I had promised the board I would two years ago and smokebender had asked me in person and I said I would post it.  I have avoided posting it on the internet because I simply don't like to argue with the skeptics.  I have told many people about the sighting and enjoy doing that, since I can field the questions in person.  I will be posting more experiences in the next couple of days.

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 04:51:09 PM »
Hearing Mick's account in person is one of the things I'm looking forward to during the MBG spring outing.

A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 09:32:18 AM »
 :D<   The april outing is just around the corner. This threads needs a bump.
A Hopi elder speaks.