Author Topic: newbie here...  (Read 28520 times)

Offline finlander

• Purple Maple Syruple
newbie here...
« on: March 05, 2009, 10:59:19 PM »
Ok. I am here cause i got an email from Mick, who i believe I talked with awhile back.  I finally had some wood knocking experiences in January, at my uncle's cabin east of #######.  I have posted this in the bff forum.  Another sound I heard was a metallic oise. It reminded me of a shovel scaping the pavement. It was brief, only for 2 or 3 seconds.  This I heard when I had gone back to the truck to carry in more supplies.  It was to the north of me. Sounded like it was right at the end of the neighbor's drive.  I looked and saw nothing.  This was like 1 am and it was 22 below zero, clear and no wind.  Lights were off in the house next door.  It was later to the south of us that my wife heard the knock followed by a whistle.  I heard a knock out back 30 minutes later that came from behind the neighbor's place.  That scraping could have been a growl perhaps.  But it was closeby.  I have listened to the BF sounds and have yet to find anything like it.  We hope to go back to the cabin early April, before the hunters and fisherman arrive.  We'd like to sit out by the fire pit.  Dont know what the temps will be like.  But it is the other animals that I am nervous about, bear, cougar, boar and there are coyotes about, as we have heard them too.  We will set up a camera or two, maybe a video aimed outside after we have gone to bed.  I really want to see one...once.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 03:19:33 AM by Smokebender »

Offline Smokebender

• Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
Re: newbie here...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 03:16:07 AM »
Hello finlander and welcome to the city.

I'm not the only one that's happy to have you join us here. The experiences you have had are very interesting and the area you had them in is as well. As you may know the path you're on is shared by several others from Michigan. It's been awhile since I've spent time on the bff site. I should go back and read what you posted there. I have read your posts on the bfro site. In fact it was just yesterday and I had planned to send you an email today. Small world. I have some info for you that I think you will find helpful in regard to this subject and Michigan in particular. I won't post it here for reasons I'll explain later. Instead I'll send you a PM here as well as an email.   
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 05:43:48 AM »
Glad to see you made it here.  The forum is eclectic and, if you have the time and the inclination, you should check it out.  If you have an opinion about much of anything, you can opine to your hearts content here.  Sassafras and I spend a lot of time on the road and away from our computer, so there may be periods where you don't see activity by either one of us.  Smokebender is a moderator for the website as well as the bigfoot forum section is basically his baby.  He is from Sparta and I got the impression that you are from Muskegon.  Am I right?  Almost neighbors. 

Hope to hear more from you.

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline finlander

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 06:08:32 AM »
Yup, from Muskegon.  I am all ears when it comes to these guys. Never would have believed they were in Michigan.  I bought green's paperback years ago and after reading it I thought the phenom was a west coast event only.   And I was told the Vandy area was too far north for activity.  Oops.  I wish there was a bit more action down here.  Holland, Kent City have had reports listed, but i like the remoteness of the cabin.  No fone, pool or pets.  Later, Bruce [peace]

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 06:15:19 AM »
Bruce,

We'll be leaving in about an hour and a half and won't be back until Monday.  By the way, the Minnie Pond area has had quite a few sightings.  A guy in Grand Rapids, I have interviewed, has a grandmother that lives just south and east of Minnie Pond and he claims a few sightings and interactions.  If you are not familiar with the Minnie Pond area, you go to Hesperia and turn east on 1 mile road and go to the old Aetna corner, which is not marked anymore.  But the way to find it is to go east on one mile road and when you cross the White River, turn around, go back up the hill and turn north on the first road. Great area and worthy of a serious look at.  In fact I have drawn a triangle with this area being one of the corners, the Six Lake areas being another and the Hay Marsh, north of Barryton the third.  Quite a few incidents and sightings in this triangle.  See, this is easily a day trip for time in the woods. 

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline finlander

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 08:48:39 AM »
Benn there Mick.  Never stayed over night but am thinking about it. Mother in law has a small motor home that might fit in one of the campsites there.  It has been a couple of years since I have been there. I think that is where I went with a ladder and hung out some food in a tin high on a cord between two trees, near the dam.   No luck.  Maybe they want lobster!

Offline nelson

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 03:21:08 PM »
Howdy Finlander, nelson here. I'm from Muskegon too ! and as well into B.F. Funny Mick mentioned Aetne and the whiteriver, I have fished that stretch many times, Hespo (Hesperia) is my second home, plans were to move there in the coming year, but now the housing markets in the crapper and the realator says good luck selling, bummer. My inlaws live in Hespo, they have 20 acres and I have found tree breaks on there back property where 2 creeks come together, the father inlaw doesnt know what happened to the trees, I mentioned B.F. and he laughed it off. Oh well. I would like to hear more of whats been going on with your experiances, I'm going next to the BFRO to read your reports, I sign as nelson there as well.....take it easy...nelson

Offline nelson

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 03:37:22 PM »
Hey Finlander, I read all the stuff on the BFRO, lots-o-questions about "game cameras" I'm still on the fence about that one, I still think a better shot of one will come from someones digital camera after its been smacked on the interstate by a vehicle....even they have to have their version of " Forest Gump " they cant be all super stealthy, and super elusive, I think its only a matter of time, till one has an OOPS !!....nelson

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 04:52:49 PM »
Hey nelson, finlander has a cabin in the playground. Wow it's a small world.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline finlander

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 09:21:06 PM »
There are a couple of rustic campsites there, at Round Lake and at Pickerel Lake.  Grass Lake i have been by before but lots of reeds/weeds block seeing it from the road.  I have been there at the cabin for a week by myself.  Walked to the pipeline fields to the east to look and video elk feeding, then walked back after sundown.  I never would have done that if I knew BF was there.  Looks like we will go in April for 3 nights.  Hope most of the snow is gone. Plan to sit out by the fire pit, dressed warmly of course, to see what unfolds.  Should we cook some food out there, bacon?  There is no playground there by the way. ;)  and it is my uncles cabin, who scoffs at any BF report I show him.  I really want to prove to him they are real.  He has hunted up there for over 40 years.  They go deer hunting annually and head out to the blinds in the dark.  Says he has never seen a thing.

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 11:08:27 PM »
There are a couple of rustic campsites there, at Round Lake and at Pickerel Lake.  Grass Lake i have been by before but lots of reeds/weeds block seeing it from the road.  I have been there at the cabin for a week by myself.  Walked to the pipeline fields to the east to look and video elk feeding, then walked back after sundown.  I never would have done that if I knew BF was there.  Looks like we will go in April for 3 nights.  Hope most of the snow is gone. Plan to sit out by the fire pit, dressed warmly of course, to see what unfolds.  Should we cook some food out there, bacon?  There is no playground there by the way. ;)  and it is my uncles cabin, who scoffs at any BF report I show him.  I really want to prove to him they are real.  He has hunted up there for over 40 years.  They go deer hunting annually and head out to the blinds in the dark.  Says he has never seen a thing.
The PRCSF or "Smokebender's Playground" as I like to call it, is a place that never stops calling me. I've spent weeks at a time there. If you visit the DNR office check out some of my photography work hanging on their wall. It's been hanging there for a very long time. The MBG will be in the "playground" this spring. I'm looking forward to the trip.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 11:13:53 PM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline nelson

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 02:12:41 AM »
I have never been to the PRSF, I am looking forward to going for the first time this spring. Finlander try knocking at dusk till just after dark, then park it at the fire and have a hot tottie and wait and see what happpens. if nothing happens you still win, you get to enjoy the wonders of what God created !....nelson

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 10:38:55 AM »
I have never been to the PRSF, I am looking forward to going for the first time this spring. Finlander try knocking at dusk till just after dark, then park it at the fire and have a hot tottie and wait and see what happpens. if nothing happens you still win, you get to enjoy the wonders of what God created !....nelson
So far we have six MBG members signed up to go on the spring thing. I'm pumped to get out in the field again.
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline finlander

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 06:28:51 PM »
Yeah we get excited every time we get to go there. The map is right in front of me. I have some loon pitures on Pickerel Lake. Parent feeding the baby a minnow.  Handheld shot 300mm standing in a boat.  I just want the next visit to be before everyone arrives... and stays.  And we go back usually in late September.  Summer is for all the others. Skeeeters always find me.  We will dress warm and sit be the fire for awhile.  Another thing I want to try is a photo with a digital camera hanging under a balloon.  Looking at the cabin and surrounding land.  Least expensive way to do it.  Had a plane and pilot reserved on 2001 and then 9-11 happened, he was grounded.  Weather/ceiling came down and we never flew that week.  He has since gone out of business due to high insurance costs. He was in Pellston. So I want to put the camera on timer and quickly let in climb.  May have to invest in an ir trigger. I dont think this camera will work with one.  Cant wait to go. We'll have 3 nights up there.

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 09:21:58 AM »
I agree spring and fall really are the best times to be in the area. I have never done a fly over. It would be nice to do that sometime.
Your sky cam idea is a new one on me. I like the idea. How would you work that one out?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 09:24:06 AM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.

sir-individual