Author Topic: An interesting thread  (Read 10422 times)

Offline Smokebender

• Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
An interesting thread
« on: March 20, 2009, 01:25:04 PM »
Again under "What's New" at bfro an interesting thread has popped up. "Full Moon" is only this person's forth post and he's shut down after telling his story. Check it out. Is it strange or common practice? You tell me. Maybe they do this type of thing all the time? I really don't know. I would welcome some feedback on this.
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline McCabe

• Painting the City Orange
Re: An interesting thread
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 01:42:13 PM »
I can see a couple of possibilities:
The poster mentioned a very clear trailcam pic. This is something that MM won't be able to stay away from, and will attempt to control or even own. Having the poster fill out a report puts this story squarely in the BFRO camp, so if it hits the news the BFRO will get a lot of credit. If this poster was allowed to speak openly about these experiences on the BFRO forum, and then went elsewhere to reveal some juicy evidence, the BFRO gets nothing from it. If this is the case, I would expect the BFRO stance to be either "inconclusive" or "hoax" in an attempt to discredit the pic.

Another possibility is that they simply don't allow new discussions of sightings on the forum until a report has been submitted and investigated. The reasons for this seem reasonable in that they have the chance to expose a possible hoax (or just a blobsquatch) before it stirs up a bunch of interest. This protects them from bad PR in a pre-emptive way.

And I think it's very possible that both of these situations can be occurring simultaneously. MM may be some things, but stupid is not one of them.

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 01:47:09 PM »
I'm with you in my thinking all the way to the, well almost all the way to the end.  ^:|--
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 06:01:43 PM »
I just went back for another look and in the short time since my first post on this thread. The "Full Moon" thread in question appears to no longer be closed. Can't say that I've ever seen that move before. Let us now see if anyone is able to post there. Is it open? Does it just appear to be open? Maybe just a post or two to make it look good? What's up with that? PBY
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 06:06:17 PM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline McCabe

• Painting the City Orange
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 02:11:10 AM »
Maybe they got a rash of PM's asking the same question and changed their minds about it?

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 04:46:13 AM »
That could be. If so not one of the rash bunch has yet returned to the thread to post. Still only four posts.  :)7
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 08:08:01 PM »
Yep, the full moon thread is open again. Good move on their part. Post away and be careful what you say, cuz that my friends is bfro way.  W==(:D)==
A Hopi elder speaks.

sir-individual