Author Topic: Miers and her evil ways  (Read 10092 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Miers and her evil ways
« on: October 21, 2006, 03:09:48 PM »

(This was first written on Oct 27, 2005 on our Proboards site.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I was in the process of writing this statement when I noticed that 18 minutes ago, Harriet Miers announced her withdrawal from consideration for a position on the Supreme Court. Well, too bad, Harriet. I am still going to cream pie you.

This from AP: "Miers will make her 29th courtesy call on Thursday by meeting with Sen. Norm Coleman (news, bio, voting record), R-Minn. Coleman said Wednesday that he will vote against Miers if she participated in her former law firm's work in providing legal opinions supporting a controversial tax shelter.

In 1999, when Miers headed the Dallas law firm, Locke, Liddell & Sapp, it helped the accounting firm Ernst & Young set up a tax shelter known as Contingent Deferred Swap, or CDS, according to Coleman's Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs subcommittee.

The tax shelter was banned by Congress in 2002.

Coleman said he has no evidence that Miers was directly involved, and that based on conversations with the firm it doesn't appear that she had been. "But I need to know what she knew about this, whether this was something that had been discussed," he said. "If it had been, what advice did she have?""

Now if you actually read all of that, you really need to get out in the world. No, really, here is the significance.

Harriet Miers "headed" a law firm that authored a tax shelter that was so evil that Congress, which is made up of evil people (look it up...politician...most any dictionary will tell you they are evil people), chose to ban it from the face of the earth.

Now I don't know what the tax shelter consisted of, but boy it must have been really, really, bad. Coleman said he needed to know if she had knowledge of it. Let's reiterate what I said. It is so evil the most evil people on this earth said "Off with its head". They couldn't stomach it and voted that it was illegal in 2002.

It doesn't matter if she was aware of the tax shelter. If she wasn't, then I don't want her on the Supreme Court. She ran the law firm for God's sake. She had to know or was a totally ineffective leader. If she was aware, then she was a part of an evil, so macabre, that the evil congressmen felt it was adamant to expunge it from existance.

If she hadn't resigned, I would have called for her evil ass to get to hell out of here.

Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah