Author Topic: Share Your Faith  (Read 23477 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: Share Your Faith
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 08:31:02 PM »
Well, could you think of a law or a directive that could be passed by any government that would assure that people get along and don't hurt each other? If so, would you post it? Of course it is based on opinion backed by a lot of years of pondering.  Most of what we find on forums come from opinion.  Every statement that begins with "I think...", I feel..." or "I believe..." is the beginning of a statement of opinion. 

Well, if one accepts we have a soul and that this soul, if nourished, will give us guidance to act in a fair and loving manner, then the conclusion is that it is a spiritual answer.
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline Husker Du

• Painting the City Orange
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 08:49:01 PM »
Well, could you think of a law or a directive that could be passed by any government that would assure that people get along and don't hurt each other? If so, would you post it? Of course it is based on opinion backed by a lot of years of pondering.  Most of what we find on forums come from opinion.  Every statement that begins with "I think...", I feel..." or "I believe..." is the beginning of a statement of opinion.  

Well, if one accepts we have a soul and that this soul, if nourished, will give us guidance to act in a fair and loving manner, then the conclusion is that it is a spiritual answer.

Laws don't stop people from doing things.  There are many laws and directives aimed to assure people that they don't get hurt but people are dying as I type every letter in this post.  Yes it is opinion which is why you can't definitively say that there isn't another law that could be passed or statement that would top that one in the future.  You didn't say I think, or I feel, or I believe.  Just saying.  ;)

Not everyone excepts the fact that we have a soul, making that law or adage flawed right away to be applied to helping mankind.  That is enless you plan on forcing these concepts on others.  
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 09:27:22 PM by Husker Du »

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 07:26:51 AM »

Husker du, the concept of the soul is a revelation, not a law. If somebody doesn't believe in the existence of the soul, it doesn't mean he/she doesn't have one.  When logic is applied to mankinds actions as a measurement, the soul seems to pop out.  Without one simply wanders around with a lot of questions that never get answered. Does this sound familiar? 

The soul exists as does our heart and our brain and water and trees.  It is just a fact.  We don't pass laws saying people must believe in their heart or their brain and we won't pass laws saying that they must believe in a soul.  If we recognize the existence, though and nourish our soul with prayer, recognition of God and good acts, the soul will guide us and our life will become calmer, more pleasant and enjoyable.  It is a simple truth. This is not a discussion of religion, but of our soul. 

For this reason, evil would seem to come from a lack of spiritual energy.  I could not conceive our soul directing us to do evil things.  So our evil actions are the result of an undernourished soul that is not able to guide us, or our ignoring the directions of our soul.  It is a thoughtless action on our part.  Simple.  So a law will not change the world, but spiritual development of each of us just may.  It is also a personal choice, as God as told us through all of His Manifestations.  He called it free will.  Religion is not the answer as much as the Teachings of the Manifestations.  It is the Teachings that we will find the Truths of God.

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

sir-individual