Author Topic: Autolyzed yeast extract  (Read 8429 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Autolyzed yeast extract
« on: January 27, 2009, 06:13:07 AM »
I posted a link to this site, on March of 2007 concerning Amy's Kitchen line of frozen foods.  The link is here, http://www.newstarget.com/021674.html  Something caused me to go back and reread the article (after all it has been over a year and a half since I last read it) and I came across this paragraph.  The article was about Amy's Kitchen using "yeast extract" in their foods and the author of the article thought they would share just what the ingredient is and what it will do to you.  Read it and be warned.

"Background information: Yeast extract contains from 6% - 12% MSG (or "free glutamate") and is used by food companies who want to add an MSG-like taste experience to their foods without using MSG on the label. It causes extreme headaches in some people, and according to Dr. Russell Blaylock, the author of Excitotoxins, MSG is damaging to the brain, nervous system, endocrine system and even promotes obesity by interfering with appetite regulation. Baby food manufacturers voluntarily removed MSG from baby foods decades ago after being accused by consumer advocates of harming babies' nervous systems with the chemical. MSG remains widely used today in canned soups, breakfast sausage, salad dressing and other commercial foods. Many people are desensitized to the ingredient and do not experience headaches, although such desensitization does not protect them from the potential nervous system damage caused by MSG."

Since Sassafras and I are involved in a serious attempt to show that companies are consciously putting additives in their food so as to enhance flavor at the cost of our health, I thought the statement in the above paragraph that states, "Yeast extract contains from 6% - 12% MSG (or "free glutamate") and is used by food companies who want to add an MSG-like taste experience to their foods without using MSG on the label. " was pertinent. Simply put, for profit, they will cause you discomfort, ill health, and permanent nerve damage. 

Mick
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 06:14:54 AM by misfitguy »
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

sir-individual