MisFiT Discussions > MisFiT Humor Room

Oxymorons, "Military Intelligence" and Others

<< < (2/2)

Truthsayer:
The greatest oxymoron of the twentieth century should be "war on terrorism". Excuse me, but to my ears, war IS terrorism.

Truthsayer:
How about "responsible drinking"?

EdisonBoy:
Ever seen the videos of people setting their tap water on fire;

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tap+water+on+fire&aq=0

This is the result of trying to mine natural gas from shale, then the poisons and flammables get into the water table.  This happens mostly in Texas, so next time I go down to visit my dad I'm going to try it on his tap water.  I'll bet he doesn't feel so conservative when he sees his own tap water go up in flames, LOL.

--- Quote from: misfitguy on February 10, 2009, 05:56:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: Smokebender on February 10, 2009, 05:07:12 PM ---#46 - Clean Coal   ~D~

--- End quote ---

Doesn't that phrase boggle your brain?  Ever since I have heard that spouted by the politicians from the coal producing states, I have tried to figure out what they could possibly mean.  You hit it on the head....oxymoron and that, of course, explains it.

--- End quote ---

EdisonBoy:
Ever seen the videos of people setting their tap water on fire;

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tap+water+on+fire&aq=0

This is the result of trying to mine natural gas from shale, then the poisons and flammables get into the water table.  This happens mostly in Texas, so next time I go down to visit my dad I'm going to try it on his tap water.  I'll bet he doesn't feel so conservative when he sees his own tap water go up in flames, LOL.

--- Quote from: misfitguy on February 10, 2009, 05:56:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: Smokebender on February 10, 2009, 05:07:12 PM ---#46 - Clean Coal   ~D~

--- End quote ---

Doesn't that phrase boggle your brain?  Ever since I have heard that spouted by the politicians from the coal producing states, I have tried to figure out what they could possibly mean.  You hit it on the head....oxymoron and that, of course, explains it.

--- End quote ---

misfitguy:

--- Quote from: Truthsayer on December 14, 2010, 03:15:31 PM ---How about "responsible drinking"?

--- End quote ---

Never made sense to me...  Good to see you back.  We are in AZ for winter and only on line a couple of times a week.  Hope all is well with you.

Mick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version