Author Topic: My Dogs  (Read 12131 times)

Offline JippiJ

• Purple Maple Syruple
My Dogs
« on: October 20, 2009, 10:26:49 AM »
Hey guys,

Unfortunately I don't have on my computer but if you google Boerboel dogs you will see the type of dogs I have.

Two boys (neutered) and two girls (breeders).

Jip
Be gratefull you have the chance to speak, don't waste it!

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: My Dogs
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 11:22:14 AM »
I have never heard of that breed, but my goodness, some of them I saw on the internet are huge.  How big are yours?  I once had a St. Bernard/Rottweiller mix with almost the same markings and coloring, but a little longer nose.  He went 170 lbs, but I would have to say some I saw were bigger than old Barney.  I like the looks of the breed.  They look trainable and gentle.  Are they?

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline JippiJ

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 05:38:35 AM »
Here I must start with an apology.

I can only work out the weight in terms of Stonnes and Pounds.

The last weight for our eldest female was 8 stonne 12 pounds however she has quite a bit of growing still to do. I would expect here to finish up somewhere around 11 stonne.

For me the are the perfect blend of both gentle companion mixed with fierce protector.

They would think nothing of playing with a group of small children without harming a hair but throw in a man looking suspicious and you've got problems. They are pretty hightened to the emotions/feelings of their owners so I find if I am ok with the people I am meeting or who are coming in my home they are gentle giants but if I don't want the person there they make it clear.

They do require stong willed owners but I love the breed through and through and certainly think they are ideal for most families.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 12:25:09 PM »
11 stone comes out to 154 lbs according to my convert program.  If you like, I can share the program either by emailing you or putting it on a website we have for file transfers.  It isn't very big.  The program converts about everything to anything you can imagine and it is non-evasive.

The only thing I couldn't figure out was the stone/pound relationship.  We use pounds/ounces and their are 16 ounces to a pound.  What is the stone/pound relationship?

We have a Mountain Treeing Feist and it is not a common breed in the northern US.  She is 28 lbs or 2 stone, I think.  We are looking for a larger breed and will be looking for a Boerboel. 

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline JippiJ

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 04:26:52 AM »
Mick,

I'll send you a link to my website so you can have a good look at ours.

I have a friend who is breeder over in America, if you like I could find his site address and get that over to you.

Jip

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 06:20:02 AM »
Well, after looking at your website and reading about boerboels, I now know why I haven't heard of them.  Very interesting.  You may post your website here, if you like.  Other readers may also be interested in this breed.  Can you give me a price range for a boerboel puppy?  I know, if you ask, then you can't afford it, but I must ask.  I would appreciate contact information for a boerboel kennel in the US.  In the meantime, I will Google it and maybe I'll come across their website.

Thank you

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline JippiJ

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 03:25:23 AM »
Mick,

Not 100% sure of the prices over in America.

Over in the UK it can be quite wide spread between £1,250 - £2,500

I'll try and get the link on later on today.

For my website for anyone interested please visit www.zionboerboels.co.uk

Jip

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 06:39:40 AM »
Jip,

I actually did some googling and found a few US breeders.  It looks like the prices are anywhere from $500 (300UK) for a spay female to $3000 (1850 UK) for a breeder.  Anyway that is what I came across with a cursory examination.  I did find a mention of a kennel in Ohio, which is only a few hundred miles (650km) from us.  There was also a mention of kennels in Colorado and Alabama, 2000 plus miles (3000km) which is a bit too far to check out a dog.  By the way, assuming you are not particularly knowledgeable of US geography, put our address in Google earth or Google maps, 178 Fitch St., St. Ignace, Michigan  49781.  We live on what is called the Straits of Mackinac, where Lake Michigan and Lake Huron connect.  In fact, I love one city block from Lake Huron and 5 city blocks from Lake Michigan.  These "lakes" are really inland seas that are fresh water, not salt water. 

We'll be leaving within the hour to go to a motorcycle swap meet in the Detroit, MI area for a few days and won't be home until Monday.  So if I don't respond, I simply am not here.  Keep posting.  I enjoy them.

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline JippiJ

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 05:31:01 AM »
Well I must appreciate your appeasing my ignorance. I do confess to knowing very little of the geography of America. It has always seemed a huge place to me. I can't imagine being able to drive without stopping for over a week???

If I drove in any direction for more than 14 hours over here I'd be in the sea. Though I guess that would technically no longer be driving, more a sort of aquatic automotive experience. Either way I think my point stands.

Hope your swap meet went well?

Sorry for the silence, I have been a little flat out at work so haven't had the chance to waffle for a bit.

I'm very excited though. I've decided I'm going to put a poem together and add it to the litteracy section. Though again this is somewhat work restricted so will do my best to be speedy with it.

Jip

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 04:04:55 PM »
Jip,

I know this is off topic, but the USA is huge and because of that, it is difficult for anybody to make assumptions about Americans.  We are varied and different in so many ways.  Many of our states are larger than most of the European countries.  The state of Michigan I live in is 400 miles, (600km) from North to South.  I live in what is called the Upper Peninsula.  Recently, a friend of mine from Pennsylvania sent me some pics of Moose and wondered if they had been taken near me because they were from the UP.  In reality, they were taken 200 miles (300km) west of where I live.  Michigan is about 400 miles, east to west as well and because of the Great Lakes, Lake Huron, Lake Superior, Lake Michigan and Lake Erie, it isn't rectangular.  It is shaped like two hands. 

I travel in my business, but I have only been in about 35 of the 50 states.  Many people never see more than the one they live in and maybe one bordering state.  Anyway, we are gone most weekends and so we are not around too much.  I was going to pick up a laptop this week, but auto repairs came along and they have to come first.

Mick

~Groucho Marx

sir-individual