Author Topic: Another variation with a Pork Steak  (Read 10714 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Another variation with a Pork Steak
« on: February 11, 2007, 03:37:15 PM »
I like pork steak.  I know, I am supposed to like pork chops better, but I think the added fat in a pork steak and the thinner cuts make it taste better.

Recently, I melted some butter in a pan and browned both sides of two pork steaks, peppering each side liberally.  On the second side, I added celery salt and tarragon.  Last I sprinkled Kikomen Soy Sauce (because it has no MSG) over each with a little into the pan itself.  Then I turned the heat down and let it simmer until done to the center.  Be careful because you can burn it so you should turn it frequently.  It will come out a dark brown, with the pepper and soy sauce really adding a lot of color. 

You can serve this with anything, but I cut up some lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumber, celery and a little mayonnaise mixed.  This was the salad I grew up with.  I never had salad dressing until I grew up and left the house.  I think my mom used to use salad dressing and a little sugar, but I prefer the mayonnaise.

We drank iced green tea, brewed in a drip coffee pot.  Simply put 3 bags of Salada Green tea in a pot and let the water drip through an empty basket.  Then pour over a tray of ice in a pitcher. 

It is good and worth trying at least once.

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah