Author Topic: What a country......  (Read 96561 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
What a country......
« on: October 21, 2006, 07:21:04 AM »
Like the Russian comedian used to say, "What a country..."  and it really is special.  Well, let me say that what makes it special is one thing and one thing only. 

The Bill of Rights. 

That's it.  We, as Americans, don't have a corner on honesty or integrity or any of the other things mentioned in the Boy Scout pledge.  In fact our crime statistics are high when compared with other modern countries.  We surely don't have "honest politicians".  In fact, the phrase "honest politician" is an oxymoron and would only bring about a laugh.  If our government is made up of politicians then it would be hard to say that we have an honest government. In fact, I have read we have the most corrupt government in the world.  Not hard to believe and most people wouldn't argue the point but would first ponder it before saying anything.  So simply put, the only thing that seperates us from any of the other corrupt crime-ridden countries is our

Bill of Rights.

How long has it been since you read a copy of the first 10 amendments of the Constitution?  Have you ever read a copy?  Go to Bill of Rights  Read it again, please...

This document allows us to be American.  It is that simple.  If we ever allow anybody or any group or any political party or any court to take one phrase or even one word away from this document, we should be arrested for derelicition of citizenship. 

And this group of, what, patriots?...politicians?...fascists? or whatever the Bush crew should be called have been trying to chip away at this precious document since the moment they were installed into office.  By the way, using the word fascist seems radical, but look it up.  I'll save you time, it means "An adherent of fascism or other right wing authoritarian views.  Doesn't this sound like an apt description of our leadership?  Seriously, if this was the 1940's and we lived in Germany, we would be looking at a bunch of guys that would have to answer to a future war tribunal.  These are some evil people that will stop at nothing to "protect their view of the American way", which to them means they control all the power and money. 

What makes this country great is what I am doing right now.  I am protesting in print and signing my protest.  I am protected by the Bill of Rights.  That's the only thing that is keeping me out of harms way for having an opinion and sharing it with anybody with the time or interest to read it. 

So I say again, "What a country...what a constitution...what a country!"

Mick
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 07:28:26 AM by misfitguy »
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah