Author Topic: Iran and nuclear energy  (Read 10181 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Iran and nuclear energy
« on: October 21, 2006, 03:08:28 PM »

(This was first written on Oct 27, 2005 on our Proboards site.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Iran and Nuclear Energy?...Oh, dear Lord!

In a recent speech at a conference held in Tehran called "The World without Zionism" the new president of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, said Israel should be "wiped off the map."

After the world protested this statement harshly, and I quote, "In Madrid, Spanish Foreign Minister Miguel Angel Moratinos summoned Iran's ambassador to protest Ahmadinejad's comments. French Foreign Minister Jean-Baptiste Mattei also condemned the remarks 'with the utmost firmness.' " (Boy, I bet that put a chill in those Iranis)

Italy was the firmest and clearest in their protests, condemning the words of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, telling the Iranian ambassador the comments were "unacceptable" and that they confirm worries over the political positions ? and nuclear intentions ? of Iran's new leadership. (I can already see their heads hanging down in shame)

And the British waffled only as the British can.
Britain's Foreign Office said Thursday it intended to summon Iran's charge d'affaires to protest Ahmadinejad's remarks, calling them "deeply disturbing and sickening." (Ouch, and a blow to the head. I bet the Irani leaders are shivering in their boots.)

Other governments that protested the statement by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad are Canada and Germany. (Oh, no, not them too. I wouldn't want to be an Irani today.)

Interestingly, 15 years ago while Desert Storm was going on and Iraq was shooting missiles at Israel, George Bush asked, no demanded, that Israel stay quiet concerning getting their arses shot off. Nobody is asking Israel to do anything like that today and in fact Israel has taken the forefront of the protests. And why not? They have pretty much been alone in this whole fight, and until these idiots decided to bomb us, we really wanted nothing more than the status quo, which means sell me oil.

Oddly enough, though, nobody protested the existence of the conference itself. Remember it was called "The World without Zionism". According to Encyclopedia Britannica, Zionism means...:an international movement orig. for the establishment of a Jewish national or religious community in Palestine and later for the support of modern Israel."

So as I see it, the conference was held to discuss the elimination of Israel. Why isn't anybody protesting the existence of the conference itself? "What's the matta' for ya!" Everybody that speaks at this conference in agreement with the premise of the conference should be duly noted and put on some sort of watch list as a terrorist. Remember that conferences are held to share information and to aid in the planning of whatever the topic is of the conference. The title of the conference does not leave anything to the imagination as to what the intentions were of the host country.

Now, the significance of this conference being held in Tehran, Iran and the president of Iran making such a bold statement as calling for the destruction of Israel, should aid the International Atomic Energy Agency in making a decision concerning whether Iran wants to develop nuclear power for peaceful purposes or for bomb making. It should have been a no brainer before this incident, but, now, my Lord, it becomes axiomatic. The guys running Iran are not 'good' guys...they are 'bad' guys.

Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah