Author Topic: Working or Posting?  (Read 7252 times)

Offline JippiJ

• Purple Maple Syruple
Working or Posting?
« on: October 12, 2009, 06:46:30 AM »
Hi All,

Figured I would ask the question thats been floating around in my head for a few weeks now.

Does anyone else seem to find anything at all, down to the smallest and slightest thing distracting at work. I'm starting to wonder if I have some kind of ADD.

Still it lends me to wonder how many other people find and join forums whilst at work and to what end?

I know I enjoy a good argument where required so that would  be my impatus for joining places like this. that and it passes the time between coming to work and going home.

Allthough living in a remote area of the UK I am one of the blessed few who does not have any form of internet at home. Even 3g mobile broadband cannot make it into the bunker of a house I live in!

Jip
Be gratefull you have the chance to speak, don't waste it!

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: Working or Posting?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 10:57:19 AM »

This forum isn't really active, so many times you won't get an immediate response.  The member list is not huge and is made up of those interested in an eclectic type board, which I am not aware of many (any?) others.  Concerning Sassafras and I, we travel a bit for our business and are sometimes away from the forum for a week or more at a time.  We have another moderator that normally keeps an eye on the forum, but his computer is down.  We are in the process of asking another member to add his expertise and values to the forum as a moderator.

In the mean time, welcome to Misfits City and concerning your question, since we work out of our house, anytime we are on the computer, we are probably using some of the time on fun stuff rather than work stuff.  Your "bunker" house sounds interesting.  Care to describe your living arrangements?

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline JippiJ

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 05:33:05 AM »
Haha forgive I did not mean to imply that I live in a hobbit style underhill house. It is quite a normal house by all standards however with the very, very old Cabling our telephone companies use the signal degridation byt the time the signal reaches our house makes it damn near impossible to pick up. (I live roughly 10 miles from the nearest exchange)

The house however is situated in a "dip", its not quite a valley but it has hills on all sides so there is little to no "line of sight" signals and for some reason we are in the black hole with regards to Mobile signal.

There aren't any others which such an open attitude towards posts and topics, I guess that is why I have gravitated towards here.

Thank god for people like you guys. Make a crazy man feel a little more normal.
Be gratefull you have the chance to speak, don't waste it!

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 11:49:33 AM »
Well, we're glad you found us as well.  Our business name is Misfits Central and we work in motorcycle shows.  I consider a "misfit" as somebody that does what is right.  It may not fit a community standard or it may not even fit a community ordinance, but in retrospect, one would say to ones self, "If I was ever in that situation, I hope I would react in the same way."  That is what is doing right means to me and if you you design your life around that little saying, then you will probably not always fit in.  Ergo, then, you are a misfit.

I also like to tell people, "It is OK to be a misfit."  One can quit apologizing for it and begin to celebrate in their misfitedness.  Also, I like to note that if you want to know what is 'hot' and what is 'not', don't ask a misfit.  They not only don't know, they don't care. 

So if you are one of us, welcome.  If you are not, it's OK too.  You also are welcome, but some of the posts, then, may not make a lot of sense.

Bossmisfit

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah