Author Topic: newbie here...  (Read 32321 times)

Offline finlander

• Purple Maple Syruple
Re: newbie here...
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 10:13:56 AM »
I am still working on that one.  Calm winds are a must.  I still would like to see about a plane and pilot out of Gaylord.  Last time I called and talked to someone at the office, gave me no leads.  But the shot neds to be a few hundred feet off the ground.  Kind of a one time thing.  I am not going to invest in a rc blimp or equivillent.  I am not an elctronics guru.  There is a 'Robday' on bff that has done this sort of thing with small cams.  He might have some insight.  I would like to see how much a tank of helium would cost.  Small tank.  I am not going to rig a gyro to control the camera.  Simple is what I am after.  When is this outing going to take place?  Camping?

Offline Smokebender

• Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 02:14:53 PM »
You have me thinking about some new ideas. New ideas are always good.

I know a robday from bfro. Could be the same guy. If it is I'm sure he would try and help.

The outing is planned for the end of April. It's been long in the planning. I'm just hoping for good weather.
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline finlander

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 05:39:20 PM »
It IS the bfro, not bff.  He replied already and gave me some ideas and rc sites to look into.  Wife found a small video recorder in the back room at work. A digital one, no tape.  Good price.  We plan on getting it and trying it out in April up north.  We are flying to Alaska in May for her 50th birthday.  Will give it a workout there too.  Hope you keep sending me info as the BFRO investigator from Grayling stopped replying to questions I sent.  I'm not a hunter, dont own a gun, never have.  Been shooting picts for 25 years now.  Even if I get one of these guys on film or video, there will always be naysayers, even my uncle.  Footprint pictures or casts wont sway him.  If HE found a print, that might be different.  Ever see good prints up there, good enought to cast?

Offline nelson

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 01:48:54 AM »
6 of us eh ? well thats a start, three teams of two, or two of three, whatever. the rain really kicked the snows butt here in Muskegon, the river is WAY up, looks like a lake down the hill.....nelson

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 03:27:04 AM »
It IS the bfro, not bff.  He replied already and gave me some ideas and rc sites to look into.  Wife found a small video recorder in the back room at work. A digital one, no tape.  Good price.  We plan on getting it and trying it out in April up north.  We are flying to Alaska in May for her 50th birthday.  Will give it a workout there too.  Hope you keep sending me info as the BFRO investigator from Grayling stopped replying to questions I sent.  I'm not a hunter, dont own a gun, never have.  Been shooting picts for 25 years now.  Even if I get one of these guys on film or video, there will always be naysayers, even my uncle.  Footprint pictures or casts wont sway him.  If HE found a print, that might be different.  Ever see good prints up there, good enought to cast?
I was thinking it might be the bfro. That site is usually one of the very first viewed when people catch the bf bug. BTW the bf bug won't let go so you may be in for a long ride. I know I am. robday from the bfro fourm is not a bfro member. Most all from the forum are not members. Most all that go on bfro trips are not and will not become bfro members. Big difference between forum members and bfro members.           Don Peer, bfro's Mi. member/investigator and the bfro will not help us. That's the short story. I hope to tell you the whole story in person.

I have yet to find a track because I have never looked for them in the PRCSF. Others have found tracks. I have hunted deer there and did not see any sign of Hairy. That said, in those days I was only looking for game tracks. I had no idea of what I now know to be true. By the way, from my point of view there is nothing wrong with never having been a hunter, and anyway it seems you are one now. I hunt far more with a camera than with a gun. The MBG will be ready, willing and able to cast any prints of interest when we are up that way. Lets go hunting.

I have been wondering how you became aware of the MBG. I recall asking you to join us here first when you inquired about joining the MBG or have I confused you with another. How did you first hear of the MBG? Are you still interested in joining the Michigan Bigfoot Group?

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 04:13:13 AM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 04:20:20 AM »
6 of us eh ? well thats a start, three teams of two, or two of three, whatever. the rain really kicked the snows butt here in Muskegon, the river is WAY up, looks like a lake down the hill.....nelson
Six MBG members have confirmed on the field team message board. I'm sure we will have others do the same as the outing date approaches. Who knows we may have a finlander join us as well. Seems like a good idea to me. What say you nelson?
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline finlander

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 06:24:54 AM »
I got alot of info emailed to me from Bob Daigle.  Did alot of searching.  here is even a U.P. BF site, right??   After talking to Mick a few years back I was gunho, for awhile.  But it died off.  Yes we do go to the cabin but I was not going to camping in the sticks to see one. And now it seems they might be coming to us. THAT would be cool.  My mind has been going nonstop the last few days.  Wish it was April.  4 weeks and I will be there. Still lots of questions...

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 05:09:22 AM »
I got alot of info emailed to me from Bob Daigle.  Did alot of searching.  here is even a U.P. BF site, right??   After talking to Mick a few years back I was gunho, for awhile.  But it died off.  Yes we do go to the cabin but I was not going to camping in the sticks to see one. And now it seems they might be coming to us. THAT would be cool.  My mind has been going nonstop the last few days.  Wish it was April.  4 weeks and I will be there. Still lots of questions...
Here I was thinking you were new to all this. My mistake.
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline finlander

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 09:12:19 AM »
I mentioned earlier that I had bought John Green's book "BIGFOOT-On the Track of the Sasquatch."  That was years ago and dealt with stories on the west coast.  I dont know what prompted me to start a search, but when i found out there have been reports in Michigan, I was in shock.  That got my juices going, but it died off........til January!

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2009, 10:09:09 AM »
Do what you can.  If you do it in spurts, then that is the way you do it.  It is very important, though, to get into the woods.  Most of the "interested people" in bigfoot never, and I mean never, do any field research.  You will have not stories to tell if you aren't in the woods.  It is a simple truth, but one that is ignored constantly.  It is why I am not very active on the forums. 
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline finlander

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2009, 03:43:29 PM »
Will this be the groups' first outing??   The reason we are going again is because of the January experiences.  And because the foliage wont be out yet.   Why is it that we are nor hearing about more experiences?   Is it the ridecule one might recieve?  or the need to protect it?   or the person is a non believer and cant fathom what they just experienced??  I have read reports of someone's encounter 30 years ago and one of the two wouldn't talk, didn't want to bring it up, bring it back.  Mick- do you get up towards Whitefish Point anytime?   I heard there is a cutout of Sassy that a man put up in his yard, or by the mailbox.  They say there is one there that gets seen in the winter months.  Ok, I'm done now.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 03:57:38 PM »
We love Whitefish Point. I've never noticed the cut-out and haven't heard of sightings up there, but I will ask around the next time i go there in the spring.  We like to go there to see the birds.  Last fall we saw hundreds of snow buntings.  It was amazing. 

People don't talk about their experiences because of all of the above.  They are surely afraid of ridicule, but mostly because they couldn't explain what happened.  Have you ever encountered an overwhelming stink while in the woods?  I have many years ago, near Brohman MI, a couple of times in the same week.  I never could explain it and I did talk about it around the campfire, but nobody was interested and I had never connected this smell with bigfoot at that time.  The last reason most people don't have anything to say is they simply don't get into the woods, unless somebody has marked, curried and paved a path for them.

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2009, 05:23:47 PM »
Will this be the groups' first outing??   The reason we are going again is because of the January experiences.  And because the foliage wont be out yet.   Why is it that we are nor hearing about more experiences?   Is it the ridecule one might recieve?  or the need to protect it?   or the person is a non believer and cant fathom what they just experienced??  I have read reports of someone's encounter 30 years ago and one of the two wouldn't talk, didn't want to bring it up, bring it back.  Mick- do you get up towards Whitefish Point anytime?   I heard there is a cutout of Sassy that a man put up in his yard, or by the mailbox.  They say there is one there that gets seen in the winter months.  Ok, I'm done now.
This will be the first MBG outing. We had a meeting in Portland about two weeks ago. Half the group has yet to meet face to face. 
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 04:48:21 AM »
Finlander, The invination you asked about to join the MBG has been sent to you.     [welcome]
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline McCabe

• Painting the City Orange
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 08:37:06 PM »
It IS the bfro, not bff.  He replied already and gave me some ideas and rc sites to look into.  Wife found a small video recorder in the back room at work. A digital one, no tape.  Good price. 

I know of this person also (robday). He knows of a small, light, cheap HD camcorder that is solid state, no tape. I bought one, I love it. It's an Aiptek A-HD+, and it records full HD in h.264 format. I paid $170 for it brand-new. It weighs something like 7 ounces. It would be really easy to hang it from a few balloons.

P.S. I'm a newbie here too. I had a weird (scary) experience in October of '07 that started it all. I didn't know it at the time, but I also had another experience in the summer of 1982 (83?) that I never attributed to BF until I started reading up on the subject. It makes me think that people are having these experiences fairly regularly, but just chalking it up to weird forest stuff (like I did).

sir-individual