Author Topic: Any scientists here...?  (Read 8644 times)

Offline finlander

• Purple Maple Syruple
Any scientists here...?
« on: March 09, 2009, 06:29:13 AM »
It's a rather simple question ;)    I want to use helium balloonns to lift a camera.  Still winds are going to happen at dawn.  The sun will heat and stir up the atmosphere unless there is high pressure overhead.  If i take a helium tank with me, it needs to stay outside, then warm with the day.  To keep it inside, warmer than outside, and then take it outdoors to fill the balloons, the helium might 'shrink', correct???   Will it react like air???   So, I may have to wait til summer to try this aerial photography thing.  Any ideas on this??

Offline nelson

• Purple Maple Syruple
Re: Any scientists here...?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 02:37:05 PM »
they send up helium balloons in the artic as well as the desert, so I would guess they work regardless of tempature, they expand at lower pressure, the higher up they go. at least thats my understanding, I could be all wet though...nelson..I'm sure tempature must play some part, colder molecules contract, warmer expand...hell I dont know what I'm talking about..just go for it, make sure you tie it to a fishing pole so you can reel it back down..later..nelson

Offline Smokebender

• Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
Re: Any scientists here...?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 08:45:42 AM »
My guess is the camera could move around way to much. Any auto settings could be all over the place. Fixed on a pole may work. My *2cents*
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 08:48:21 AM by Smokebender »
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.