Author Topic: Calling Captainkillmore  (Read 34527 times)

Offline Smokebender

• Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
Re: Calling Captainkillmore
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 11:19:27 AM »
I noticed that too.

Some of that can be chalked up to an overactive imagination (her post sounded like she was afraid of strangers). But the "getting kicked off the site" part is what really got my attention.

I've also been wading through some of the old threads from 2005 on BFF...wow. Not pretty. That's when the BFRO had it's "mass exodus". Sure, there are hard feelings being expressed from those that were kicked out, which probably had a lot to do with those that left on their own. And I have no idea what the BFRO's side of the story is. But it was pretty painful just to read that stuff.
This is exactly the kind of political stuff that this field of study DOES NOT NEED, yet is so prevalent between some of the organizations.

I'm quite certain that I don't have the whole story, and I might never get to hear it. If it means sifting through another several hundred public posts, then I don't want to know. It has no bearing on my research.

In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along???"
When it comes to the bfro, I know all I need to know. I plan not to waste anymore time with or on the bfro.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:43:16 AM by Smokebender »
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2009, 11:22:59 AM »
It's a long story. Hang in and it will become clear soon. The outcome on this will tell much about bfro.
Well the Captain is back and posting once again at bfro. That didn't take long. Watch and see what happends next.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2009, 11:50:30 AM »
Waiting patiently...
I really want to give the BFRO the benefit of the doubt. This activity does nothing for them other than to make them look bad, and that's just more of the old distasteful politics of the BF world. Nobody needs it.
Can it really mean that much for the BFRO to dissuade activity on this forum? I mean, come on. How many of us are there here? Five? Seven? Even a dozen? How could this possibly detract from the BFRO message/philosophy? Aren't we all in this for the same reasons?
And why wouldn't CaptainKillmore want to post messages on a board that is more local? It makes plenty of sense, and it in no way means he's taking anything from the BFRO. It's only information, and sharing it doesn't take anything away from anybody.

Still waiting to see if they just made an error...and will soon fix it.
Yes, the bfro looks bad and distasteful and nobody needs it. All this has nothing to do with this forum. The bfro could care less about this forum as well as the MBG for that matter. It's not about us. It was never about us. The bfro is about one thing and one thing only, the bfro.
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline McCabe

• Painting the City Orange
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2009, 02:24:30 PM »
Wow, big changes in the "damage control" department over at BFRO...

Smoke, I think you're right. Whatever makes the BFRO look good is going to determine the action they take. It doesn't really appear to have anything to do with the concept of "doing the right thing". If it did, there would have been an apology to go along with CK's reinstatement.
I wonder if they have tried to convince CK to offer their version of an explanation?

Sad.
Being in this field of research for "the glory" (and the money) is poisoning things for the rest of us.
The best we can do is to keep up the good work, fight the good fight.

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2009, 03:49:21 PM »
Thank you McCabe. In regard to what you wonder I have sent you the Captain's address. Ask him, he won't mind.
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline Smokebender

• Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 04:05:12 PM »
I did keep an eye on this and it seems everyone got what they wanted. The Captain clamed up after just a few posts here and there. The bfro got to keep their ticket sales up using Larry's old posts, then the fade away as planned.

Little but newbies posting at the bfro these days, but then I already said that in the "It's dead" thread.

It's all about the money honey. Fine, but call it what it is. Adventure touring at $300.00 per weekend.
A Hopi elder speaks.