Author Topic: A Sales Story  (Read 7406 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
A Sales Story
« on: February 26, 2007, 04:38:41 PM »
A SALES STORY

A young guy goes to a big department store looking for a job.  Well, the boss liked the young fella' so he gave him the job. His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down.

"How many sales did you make today?"

The young fella' says, "One."

The boss says, "Just one? Our sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day.  How much was the sale for?"

The young fella' says, "$101,237.64."

The boss says, "$101,237.64!!! What the hell did you sell?"

The young fella' says, "First I sold this guy a small fishhook. Then I sold him a medium fishhook. Then I sold him a larger fishhook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down at the coast, so I told him he was gonna need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him that twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4X4 Blazer."

The boss said, "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him boat and truck?"

The young fella' says, "No, he came in here to buy a box of tampons for his wife...and I said, 'Well, your weekend's shot, you might as well go fishing."

Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

sir-individual