Author Topic: Gravity  (Read 91642 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Gravity
« on: September 26, 2013, 10:04:01 PM »
Gravity

I recently was watching television when a promotion came on about a movie called “Gravity” with Sandra Bullock.  The part I happened to notice had a guy in a space suit spiraling through space and the word gravity came on the screen followed by Sandra Bullock’s name.  My attention was grabbed and my brain starting imagining spending time in weightlessness with Sandra Bullock and then it imagined spending time with Sandra Bullock with gravity.

OK, I am digressing from what I wanted to discuss, but it is hard to get the image of Sandra Bullock spending time with me out of my head.  Gravity is something we all need.  We use it every day of our life, even when we are little babies, seemingly helpless, unable to communicate with others of our specie but, still, able to handle gravity quite well.  What is really cool about gravity is another persons gravity isn’t any better than your own gravity.  All gravity is equal, at least on this earth.  Another cool thing about gravity is we don’t have to know anything about it to use it and use it well.  We just spend the day using gravity while we go about our meaningless lives.

I have even used gravity when I didn't want to use it.  In my youth, this happened a few times while climbing a tree with the aid of a broken branch or a foot that slipped.  Fortunately, the ground was there to break my fall.  I have at times stumbled over something too small to blame and gravity leaped right in to help me fall.  I found at a very young age that if you throw something up into the air, gravity will bring it back to you, even if you didn't want it back.  For instance water or a hand full of rocks or hay or dirt or just about anything else a young guy could think of to throw.  One time, gravity helped me off of a roof I was on to adjust an antenna, even though I wasn't ready to get down.  Sometimes it will help you when you don't want it to.  

Gravity is free.  You heard me…free. I can’t think of anything else that is free or doesn’t have costs involved, including, water, sunshine, and the air we breathe.  Gravity is just there for us to use.  Since it is free, gravity can’t be sold or manufactured or packaged or copyrighted or patented.  It can’t be dyed, shaped or made out of synthetics.  It is there in one form for all of us to use and enjoy.

If you ask me how gravity works, I will respond, “I don’t know.”  And I don’t.  I’ve taken classes where it was discussed and explained but I still don’t know how it works.  I am sure there are physicists and other science geeks that would love to explain to me just how gravity exists, but I really don’t want to know….Not interested!  Just knowing it is there is enough for me.

So, gravity is probably the best deal going at this point in my life.  How about yours?

Mick Zellar
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:58:32 PM by misfitguy »
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: Gravity
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 05:59:37 PM »

bump
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

MaiYakRuTao

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 12:17:40 AM »

It is unbelievable that will be easy. I don't know if you can't tell me.

Offline Alpine

• [my song] Opine Oh Alpine
  • Administrator
  • I am of little consequence
    • This Forum...  All of it!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 06:30:54 PM »

It is unbelievable that will be easy. I don't know if you can't tell me.

Tell you what, Mai?  What exactly is easy?  Unbelievable is this conversation.

This thread is of great importance to the MisFiT of All MisFiTs.  The Boss, himself.  I thinks the "gravity" of the situation has been overlooked by a certain respondent without understanding.  I don't figure to get a response from a spamlicious comment-maker such as yourself, so I wouldn't expect one.  Although, making a list of fictitious rules regarding others with the same intentions will be fun for the true members of MisFiTCityForum.com.

Enjoy!!

Rule #1:
Opine your thoughts after reviewing the translation.

Yours truly,
Alpine
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 07:50:30 PM by Sassafras »
I am resigned to forever being a frivolous account and not an actual member.  Surprisingly enough, I am OK with that.

sir-individual