Author Topic: The Message  (Read 7887 times)

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
The Message
« on: February 02, 2009, 01:54:29 AM »

The Message

And the Lord said unto me, "What fools would have you believe there are Ten Commandments?"

"But Father", said I, "The Ten Commandments were handed down to Moses by you. It is written in the Holy Bible."

"Ha!" sayeth the Lord. "What is written is not always as it seems."

"But the Holy Bible is Your Word Father, how can it not be true?"

"Child, the Truth is simple. It is you who make it complicated."

"Whatever do you mean Father?"

"To test your wisdom child, I shall use these very Commandments."

"Do you recall which of these Commandments is noted as being the most important?"

"I believe it is the "first" Commandment Father."

"And do you recall what the first commandment says?"

"Yes Father, it says; 'Love the Lord God with all thy heart, soul, mind and strength."

"AND?"

"And thy neighbor as thyself."

"Excellent! Now I will ask you a series of questions and you will answer truthfully."

"Yes Father."

"If you love the Lord God and all that I have given to creation, would you in any way try to destroy it?"

"No Father!"

"If you love thy neighbor as thyself, would you take from him that which does not belong to you?"

"No, I would not."

"If you love thy neighbor as thyself, would you pass judgment upon another without having walked in his shoes or seen what her eyes have seen?"

"Never, Father!"

"Would you take the life of another under this same pledge of love?"

"You know I would not!"

"If you love thy neighbor as thyself, would you lay with the spouse of another?"

"I would not."

"If you love the Lord God and thy neighbor as thyself, would you bear false witness against myself or another?"

"No Father."

"If you love thy neighbor as thyself, would you do unto others?"

"I would and do Father."

"Tell me child, what is it that you see?"

"I see that there are not "Ten" commandments Father, but only ONE. 'Love the Lord God with all thy heart, soul, mind and strength and thy neighbor as thyself. I see that no other law can exist above or below this universal law of love, for to follow this simple commandment means tobreak no other!

"That my child, is the message", said the Lord unto me.
As God as my witness, I cannot tell a lie.  ;)

sir-individual