Health Discussions > Health - About Eating

Makes no sense to me

(1/4) > >>

Truthsayer:
Every time I see a commercial advertsing a pharmaceutical drug, the long list of the possible side effects of the drug outweigh the purpose of taking it. For example, I watched an advertisment tonight about a drug prescribed to people suffering depression. The list of about thirty possible side effects of taking this drug began with nausea and ended with heart failure. Would you want to risk having a heart attack, stroke or even losing your vision so as to ease depression?  :)7  I don't know. This I gotta weigh more carefully.

Smokebender:
I must agree. Some of those ads are like watching a skit on Saturday Night Live.  ~D~

Truthsayer:
Preventative medicine or a means of suicide?  :-\  Should we trust the FDA?

333angel:
 :)7  Makes no sense to me either. I have wondered for a long time now why are those prescription pads are so over used by physicians? When did we start relying so heavily on medications? I am not advocating marijuana or any other illegal drug, but from research, I do not see the side effects of marijuana being as frightful as most medications a physician gives out in free samples. Yet someone with M.S. or cancer cannot legally benefit from marijuana in the state I live in? Don’t understand.

Smokebender:

--- Quote from: Truthsayer on March 02, 2009, 04:42:10 PM ---Preventative medicine or a means of suicide?  :-\  Should we trust the FDA?

--- End quote ---
I wonder the same Mel. I'm told that in med school little if any time is spent on nutrition. Students learn there is a pill for almost everything. Then we have the kickbacks, gifts like trips and other cash value items along with loads of free samples all from the drug makers. And the "Reps" aka salespeople these company's send to every Dr's office. If one is a male Dr. the drug makers almost always send a young, vibrant and good looking female "Rep". The reverse is true in regard to female Dr.'s and their friendly drug salesperson. It's big business, very big business. We have some doctors here in the USA billing $1200.00 an hour and taking all the perks, kickbacks and freebies they can get their hands on. This is in no way true of all Doctors, but all to often, in fact most often it is. They say we have the best system in the world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version