Author Topic: Honey, the kids nearly blew themselves up.  (Read 7851 times)

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
Honey, the kids nearly blew themselves up.
« on: February 07, 2009, 12:50:52 AM »
In a family of four children, I was the only girl. My brothers and their friends never included me in their "adventures" unless I was willing to be a pawn for them. Most of the time I fell for it. One day, they and their friends decided to build a bomb in the basement. They filled a mason jar half way with gasoline and used a rag as a wick. The only thing missing was a lighter. They told me to go upstairs and steal some matches from the cupboard. I snuck upstairs, made sure my mother wasn't around and stole the matches from her cigarette pack. By the grace of God, she heard me in the kitchen and eavesdropped on what I was doing. I gave the matches to my brother. He was just about to light it when my mother came downstairs screamimg; "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING??!!" :-DDD Talk about kids scattering. We spent the rest of the day listening to "Just wait til your father gets home!"

The idea to build a bomb was my younger brother's. He was always wanting to play such dangerous "war" games. It was no surprise to us when he entered the military after graduation.
I don't know for sure if any of us really knew the danger we were presenting not only to ourselves, but to mom, dad and the neighborhood.
As God as my witness, I cannot tell a lie.  ;)

sir-individual