Author Topic: You might live in Michigan  (Read 26003 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: You might live in Michigan
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 05:07:13 AM »
Questions from a troll. If I may ask?

Having been a troll most of your life, did you find a need to buy all new clothing after moving north?

Why eat near a out house?, or is out house a town?

How long will it be before you say "eh?" at the end of each statement?

These are all good questions. 

First, I have been wearing chamois shirts for most my life.  When I lived as a troll, though, it was seasonal. Fall, Summer  and Spring.  Now that I live where summer is only a week long festival, I can wear my chamois shirts most of the year.  I have pretty much packed my, "God, it's hot!" clothes away and only break them out during our week of summer and when I have to travel south to, say, Sparta or Muskegon during their summer months.

Second.  Concerning an out house.  I could tell you that it was a typo, but you probably wouldn't believe me, but let me say that the flush toilet was introduced not to long ago up here and it is catching on.

Thirdly, (that is how we say it up here).  Ya da sure, eh?  I am sure dat I will never take on an accent while living up here, eh?  Why would you ask me dat, anyway, eh?  Well, dis is all dat I can tink of ta tell, ya, so ya yest come up hear and see foe yoeself, now.

Mick da Yooper
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 05:12:06 AM »
If you cook and eat "V-Meat" on a stick.............you might live in Michigan.   :)

Just a question from someone who is from Texas and never been to Michigan - what's V-meat?  <:(
Hello to the great state of Texas. The answer to your question Sir is venison. V-meat is venison.

OMG!  You eat Bambi?!  :O---:O

Oh, yeah and his father and mother.  We eat them, we skin them and wear clothing made from the, we even make lamps out of their hoofs and hang their heads on the wall. We see them as rodents or vermin with an attitude.  They will walk out in front of your car for no reason other than a death wish or simply out of contempt for humans.  They look pretty, but inside of that skull they are always plotting ways of destroying crops and cars. 

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
  • Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 05:31:25 AM »
Very well then Mick I will come up there. In fact I would be living there too, but for family ties here. Great answers.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 05:57:02 AM by Smokebender »
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline nelson

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 03:52:59 PM »
Well I might as well admit it I'm the classic yooper wanna-be. I love it up there, the air smells better, the water is cleaner, and the people are the friendliest I've ever met( as long as your spending money). Even thier bucks grow bigger. They know plaid as a color, not a pattern. And most of all they have many beasties roaming the forest.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 07:59:25 PM »
I received this from a Yooper relative.  Some of the second part has already been posted on this thread, so if it seems you have already read one of these, simply skip over it after you are done reading it, eh?

I can tell you that I can say yes to the first nine of them for sure. 

Read on.  (pretty funny and accurate)

1. If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by,  you might live in Michigan .

2. If you're proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights  each year because Pellston is the coldest spot in the nation, you might live  in Michigan .

3. If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March, you might live in Michigan .

4. If you instinctively walk like a penguin for five months out of  the year, you might live in Michigan .

5. If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, you might live in Michigan.

6. If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead, you might live in Michigan .

7. If you have worn shorts and a coat at the same time, you might  live in Michigan .

8. If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might live in Michigan .

9. If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in Michigan .

Part 2 - You know you're a true MICHIGANDER when . . .

1. "Vacation" means going up north on I-75

2. You measure distance in hours.

3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.

4. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging
blizzard, without flinching.

6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).

7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.

9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

10. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow..

11.  You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.

12.. You can identify a southern or eastern  accent.

13. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a  deer next to your blue spruce.

14. You were unaware that  there is a legal drinking age.

15. Down South to you means Ohio .

16. A brat is something  you eat.

17. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole barn.

18. You go out to fish fry every Friday.

19. Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.

20. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.

21. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly."

22.  You drink pop and bake with soda.

23. Your doctor tells you to  drink Vernors and you know it's not
medicine.

24. You can actually drink Vernors without coughing.

25. You know what a  Yooper is.

26. You think owning a Honda is Un-American.

27. You know that UP is a place, not a  direction.

28. You know it's possible to live in a  thumb.

29. You understand that when visiting Detroit , the best thing  to wear is a Kevlar vest.

30. You actually understand these  jokes, and you forward them to all your Michigan friends
=============

~Groucho Marx