World Discussions > Politics

Fascism in America

<< < (2/3) > >>

Smokebender:
Nice catch Mick. I'll keep pitching anyway. Who knows I may get one by you. Could happen.......maybe.  (BD)b

misfitguy:

--- Quote from: Smokebender on March 31, 2010, 04:08:52 PM ---Nice catch Mick. I'll keep pitching anyway. Who knows I may get one by you. Could happen.......maybe.  (BD)b

--- End quote ---

Smoke,

Keep posting these articles.  It is alright by me.  I am not trying to be contentious, but there is really such a misconception of fascism and how it is threatening our life in America, I can't just not comment.  Here we have individuals that are considered some sort of expert on the subject that are intentionally try to mislead or are simply ignorant of the facts of fascism.  Fascism is not a party.  It is a form of government that is supported by a philosophy that is similar to the old fiefdoms.  Very small ruling class, defined by inordinate wealth, a small weak middle class of merchants and tradespeople and a very large struggling lower class.  reagan/bush/bush and their policies and appointees have set the foundation for this to be a reality.  We need to stand up to them and not let them muddy the water with the types of claims these two authors made either through ignorance or through enmity.

Mick

Smokebender:
I understand you Mick It's learn as we go. And I am learning. Now don't make me sick the mod on ya.  ~D~

EdisonBoy:
Watch at least the first 50 minutes. That's how the corporatocracy makes us poor, working-class schlubs of the world into their slaves and laughs in our faces whenever we try to do something about it. God will make them accountable.

Zeitgeist: Addendum
http://vimeo.com/13770061

misfitguy:

What is interesting about this video, is it is recorded around 2006.  Chris Hedges makes the statement that for the fascist movement to take over, there would need to be an economic meltdown or a sense of hopelessness.  Of course this precluded the meltdown of Wall Street, and the toxic mortgage event and a black president.  Today, the movement is active and out in the open.  I recently read a comment that said that the 1% could not vote anybody into office simply because they have such few numbers and there fore they look to other groups to enfold into their realm.  Think evangelicals, tea party, anti abortion people, anti gay people, anti birth control people, anti social responsible people, bigots, racists, anti gun control people and all the other nut cases that spew hatred and fear.  We are currently in an  active movement of fascism trying to overtake our constitutional democracy.  Fight back or bend over.  It is probably the only two choices each of us have.

Mick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version