Author Topic: Shattered faith  (Read 12311 times)

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
Shattered faith
« on: June 04, 2009, 11:27:35 AM »
I am sick in mourning and sick with betrayal. I felt my faith shatter when I read the news this morning and discovered that David Carradine has died of an apparent suicide by hanging. >:(
Everything I ever believed and admired about this man was destroyed with this one headline. x=(:()
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 11:40:17 AM by Truthsayer »
As God as my witness, I cannot tell a lie.  ;)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: Shattered faith
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 12:06:08 PM »
I am sick in mourning and sick with betrayal. I felt my faith shatter when I read the news this morning and discovered that David Carradine has died of an apparent suicide by hanging. >:(
Everything I ever believed and admired about this man was destroyed with this one headline. x=(:()

In my eyes, David Carradine was, at best, a poor actor.  I love the role he played in Kung Foo, but have never seen him do anything with any skill after that.  That being said, suicide is usually unexplainable to everyone else.  Of course the first thing we ask is "why"?  I am sure that it will be analyzed until we all tire of it.  I feel for you and your feelings.  I know there are others that truly admired him as well. 

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
  • Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 01:47:59 AM »

Kung Foo was a show for MisFit's if there ever was one. I liked it too.

Truthsayer you said "apparent suicide" and that's all it is at this point. Mouring yes, betrayal? Maybe not.
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 12:16:44 PM »

Kung Foo was a show for MisFit's if there ever was one. I liked it too.

Truthsayer you said "apparent suicide" and that's all it is at this point. Mouring yes, betrayal? Maybe not.

Thanks Smoke. I pray that what you say is true. I watched Larry King Live last night. He had a discussion about this and invited four of David's closest friends and colleagues to join, including Quentin Tarentino. Not even they will believe he did this to himself.

Offline IsolatedWisdom

• Mellow Yellow
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 06:21:39 PM »
I don't know much about this man besides his role in kill bill.  No matter the reason for his departure it was for a purpose.  A purpose only he knew.  Our souls inhabit our bodies and thus are trapped by this physical existence.  I'm sure his spirit has evolved throughout this life.  However it was time for his soul to be released and maybe he knew that.  He may incure some karma for that act but maybe it was worth it for him.  When we look up to someone, our perception of there beliefs our instilled in ours.  Then when these people do something that goes against all that we believe, we feel as though a piece of us has died and that our feelings have been a dillusion or a waste.  In the end all that we can trust and believe in is ourselves.  You admired him for who he was.  Don't lose that because of one mistake.  I hope you feel better soon.

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 06:54:19 PM »
I don't know much about this man besides his role in kill bill.  No matter the reason for his departure it was for a purpose.  A purpose only he knew.  Our souls inhabit our bodies and thus are trapped by this physical existence.  I'm sure his spirit has evolved throughout this life.  However it was time for his soul to be released and maybe he knew that.  He may incure some karma for that act but maybe it was worth it for him.  When we look up to someone, our perception of there beliefs our instilled in ours.  Then when these people do something that goes against all that we believe, we feel as though a piece of us has died and that our feelings have been a dillusion or a waste.  In the end all that we can trust and believe in is ourselves.  You admired him for who he was.  Don't lose that because of one mistake.  I hope you feel better soon.

I had a day to think about it. More information has been released. It still isn't confirmed but now they are calling it an "accident".

The thing about David Carradine was; even though he spoke his mind, you never knew what he was thinking. It was in his nature to keep people guessing. Throughout his career---and I followed it to the end---every artistic thing he did held a message. Yes he was also typically human. He struggled with alcohol and drugs at one point in his career, and he was also a womanizer, but I don't hold that against him.

Although I have never met him in life, I feel a strong connection with what he represented as an artist and a man.
The more I think about it, his death held just such an artistic expression. It is keeping people guessing. I think the message he left behind through the circumstances of his death is; 'Not everything is as it appears to be'. Seek the truth and you shall find it.

Thank you for your input. It helps alot.  [peace]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 08:43:51 PM by Truthsayer »

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 09:33:03 PM »
Just another note on why this upset me so much.

About two years ago, David Carradine appeared to me in a dream as a teacher. The message he delivered and the lesson it opened my eyes to was one of taking responsibility. After hearing his death reported as a suicide, it contradicted all that he brought to my attention. Suicide is the most irresponsible and cowardly act a human can perform. The fact that he died on my birthday is another thing of irony.

Offline EdisonBoy

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 12:34:42 AM »
There are some questions as to whether it was a suicide or not.  His ex-wife knew about his kinky exploits and trips to places like Thailand where he practiced some wierd sh** with the prostitutes there.  The authorities think this may have been a case of erotic asphyxiation gone wrong.

Still, not a much better way to go than suicide.

Offline EdisonBoy

• Purple Maple Syruple
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 04:15:16 PM »
OK, looking up the facts on Wikipedia, I found out that I was right.  Hey, I had doubts, I'm only human!  :)7

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Carradine#Death

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
  • Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 02:53:33 PM »
From the first I did not believe he killed himself. Just not his style.
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline Truthsayer

• Going Green
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 01:02:48 PM »
Actually, I couldn't believe it either. Now that I see it more clearly, I know he didn't kill himself, at least not with intention.

I always felt a connection to that man. I feel that I understand him in ways many people cannot fathom. Maybe I just read too much into things.  ^:|--
I can see now that he knew it was his time and the circumstances surrounding his mysterious death fall right in line with his nature. I mean, although he spoke his mind, one never knew what he was thinking. It was in his nature to keep people guessing and his death has generated many questions that still are not answered. Was it murder? Did he commit suicide? Was it an accident? People still don't know. Brilliant!
Also, he went out in the same manner he came in...naked as a jaybird and bound to a cord! The closet they found him in could be considered the 'womb' or 'portal' into the next life, like it was planned that way! The circumstances of his departure carries a message. How many can figure it out?   (BD)