Author Topic: Asking questions at restaurants  (Read 7099 times)

Offline sculptr

• Mellow Yellow
Asking questions at restaurants
« on: March 04, 2013, 09:28:17 PM »
I seem to have a lot to say!   ::D 

I recently was talked into eating out, which I try never to do.  I can sometimes get by with a plain steak, no seasoning.  I asked the server to please have the chef just grill the steak, in a area that is clear from seasoning, and not add anything, not even salt or pepper.  She informed me that it was always cooked that way.  Another server, overhearing her (thank goodness) said yes, it WAS cooked that way, but it also came WITH the seasoning already on it... so we have to ask more questions, I guess.  This was packaged, SEASONED steak, that was cooked without seasoning... um... yeah.  Ok...     :)7
Staying healthy one day at a time.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Re: Asking questions at restaurants
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 09:38:01 PM »

Sculptr, that was great.  Sass and I went into the Pancake House in Mackinac City, Michigan a couple of years ago.  They had a breakfast buffet and since Sass reacts to bottled eggs and the eggs on the buffet were scrambled, I asked if the eggs had come in a bottle.  The hostess said no they didn't.  So to clarify, I asked if somebody actually broke the eggs and scrambled them.  She said yes.  I commented that this was very unusual and normally the eggs found on a buffet are processed and frozen.  She said, and I report this with the same mouth open awe that I experienced when she said this, "Well the eggs are broken fresh and put into a bag, frozen and delivered to us and then we unfreeze them and they become fresh again."  I said, "I thought you said they didn't come in a bottle."  She replied, " They don't. They come in a bag."

You are right, you have to ask a few more questions.

Mick
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline sculptr

• Mellow Yellow
Re: Asking questions at restaurants
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 09:44:26 PM »
Mick, LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Staying healthy one day at a time.

sir-individual