Author Topic: Citric Acid  (Read 15655 times)

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
Citric Acid
« on: July 06, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »
I am adding this from another thread we are deleting because of a request from the thread creator, but I didn't want to lose this research I had done.

Citric Acid.  Let me quote a site that discusses MSG.

" The food ingredient "citric acid" provides us with a good example of why MSG-sensitive people with little tolerance are having difficulty staying well. Many people believe that "citric acid" comes from citrus fruits, and since most people can tolerate citrus fruits, "citric acid" should not be a problem. However, most of the "citric acid" used today is made from corn rather than from citrus fruits. The Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) is a major producer of "citric acid."

"Citric acid" is produced by fermentation of crude sugars. When "citric acid" is produced from corn, manufacturers do not take the time or undertake the expense to remove all corn protein. During processing, the remaining protein is hydrolyzed, resulting in some processed free glutamic acid (MSG). "Citric acid" may also interacts with any protein in the food to which it is added, freeing up more glutamic acid. "
Go to www.misfitscentral.net  Why not?

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

~Groucho Marx

"The world is one country and mankind is its citizens..."  Baha'u'llah

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
  • Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
Re: Citric Acid
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 01:57:29 PM »
This is good to learn. It seems "they" put corn in everything now.

If I understand correctly then we have two different things here. One is citric acid from citrus.
The other is some crap made from corn and called citric acid when it truly is not and could not be citric acid.

Is that the way you see it too Mick?
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 08:21:38 PM »
This is the same as MSG found naturally in nature, which does not cause people problems and synthesized MSG which is the stuff that is being used in our foods today.  Citric acid was once used to maintain color but they have synthesized it by hydrolyzing corn proteins.  The only reason you hydrolyze any protein is to create synthesized MSG.  The citric acid used in our foods today is the synthesized hydrolyzed protein.  Why it is being used in a patch, I don't know, but I would ask.  It is used in hair conditioner because it adds protein to our hair, even though it permeates through the skin and causes headaches and brain damage.  Sass gets migraines, most other people that are affected just get a lingering headache.  It is also now being added to shampoos.  Citric acid today is just another way of saying monosodium glutamate.  Here is a list of other ingredients that are also simply monosodium glutamate.

*  Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
    * Glutamate anything
    * Glutamic Acid
    * Hydrolyzed anything
          o Hydrolyzed Corn Gluten
          o Hydrolyzed Pea Protein
    * Plant Protein
    * Textured Protein
    * Autolyzed anything
          o Autolyzed Yeast Extract
          o Autolyzed Plant Protein
    * Yeast Extract
    * Yeast Nutrient
    * Caseinate anything
          o Calcium Caseinate
          o Sodium Caseinate
    * Gelatin
    * Aspartame (any artificial sugar)

or you can go here to read the whole list  http://www.saynotomsg.com/basics_list.php

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 06:41:52 AM »
This is helpful. I'm learning, but I'm not there yet. There is a lot to it for sure.

When you said,  "The citric acid used in our foods today is the synthesized hydrolyzed protein.  Why it is being used in a patch, I don't know, but I would ask". You seem to be suggesting that the citric acid used in the patch you refered to is synthesized and not natural. I don't believe it is synthesized in the patch example, but I'm not sure. I am sure that citric acid is listed as an inactive ingredient along with potassium sorbate. These two inactive ingredients along with the active ingredients make up the non-transdermal patch. As you know non-transdermal means none of the ingredients, active or inactive, enter the body. I offer this because you brought up the patch again.

So getting back to MSG and the like, I'm sorry to learn that Sass suffers from migraines. I have another friend that has the same trouble for many years and has never been able to find much relief. Has Sass ever been able to find anything for the pain? I hope so.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:30:42 AM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 08:12:38 AM »
Steve,

She simply doesn't use products with MSG and she doesn't have pain.  When she gets a headache, we go back to whatever she has had contact with in the past 24 hours and find the culprit.  The food and health and beauty industry are constantly changing and MSG and all of its derivatives that it hides it in are being added as we message.  Citric Acid typically doesn't give her an immediate reaction and it cause a lingering headache the next day.  Your friend that suffers from headaches simply needs to change her diet rather than try to mask her pain.  Pain comes from our body warning us that something isn't right.  Pain, most times, is not an infliction, but it is a symptom.

Concerning the word non-transdermal.  It boggles my brain. I can't imagine why you think that the citric acid that is listed in the patch is not synthesized.  It is cheap and has become the industry standard.  You can go to a health food store and buy it, but it is the synthesized type.  I read much of what is claimed by this company and their claim is something to do with magnetic yada yada yada and nanoantennas yada yada yada.  I just don't get it, I guess.  Again, I don't doubt people have found success with its use.  Cocaine, opium and arsenic were once sold in patent medicine and were very effective.  I personally know of people that were addicted to cough syrup with codeine.  Making a person feel good or masking pain is easy.  Done daily.

Again, since you seem to have an understanding of what non transdermal means, I would ask why citric acid is used? 

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 11:00:54 AM »
I don't know why citric acid is used as an inactive ingredient in this example.

I guess the reason I feel it may not be synthesized comes from the same thinking that makes you feel that it is, an assumption. Untill we know we can only assume. When we know, if ever, it won't matter to me, understanding that it is important to you. I don't know one yada from the next, but I do know we're not talking about a drug.

This is just one example of my understanding of non-transdermal patches and one of the ways they work.

http://pressreleasehelp.prwebdirect.com/releases/2007/10/prweb559150.php

Skin patches are widely used by pharmaceutical companies to deliver drugs and other medicines into the bloodstream by absorption through the skin. Once these ingredients enter the bloodstream, they indiscriminately circulate to all tissues and systems in the body which is the chief cause of the many side effects of taking prescription medication.

The company said their non transdermal patch uses the exact opposite approach. They are engineered with an adhesive barrier to ensure that nothing passes through the skin or enters the bloodstream. The active scent molecules infused in the patch are delivered directly to the mood centers of the brain through the sense of smell. This makes non transdermal patches safe and free of side effects.

To tie this type of thing in with cocaine, opium, arsenic and codeine seems somewhat misleading to me.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 11:12:32 AM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 11:49:14 AM »
I am going out the door, but I always check my email one more time.  I will quickly respond.  First, as you don't care if I believe in this patch, I don't care if you don't believe anything negative about it.  I am not really concerned about this company or its patches accept to say, this is a forum where topics are presented and different views are shared.

The source you posted is a PR firm with a website it basically makes available to firms to create press releases.  "Distribute your press release through a leading online press release newswire service" is what they claim and go on to say,

"For a fraction of the cost of traditional press releases or internet advertising, you can send your news release through PRWeb and accomplish the following:

1. See your news on top-tier news sites like Yahoo! News
   2. Increase your visibility and rankings in search engines like Google
   3. Get your news to top journalists and media outlets
   4. Drive qualified, ready-to-buy traffic to your Web site"

And the particular press release you referred me to is about smell therapy.  It says their patches go directly to the brain by the use of smell. 

I will be surprised if you can find any supporting documents or press that support the patches you are using.  I haven't been able to yet.  But if you do, please share them with me and others that may read this thread.  Your faith in this company is remarkable.  Faith can be a strong influence on us.  Most religions depend on it and it is their canned answer to any questions that would require proof of their claims.

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »
I'll try to explain. You seem to be angry and if I'm wrong on that then good. I hope I am wrong.

I never said that I don't believe anything negative about it. From my point of view we were in agreement on many points.
Like you I am not concerned about that company or it's products. I tried one product and it worked. That's it.

The source I used was not offered as proof of anything. It was as I said, just an example of how I look at it.
I understood what it was and what it said having read it just like you did. I saw it more as a point of view really.

I have not been nor will I be looking for any supporting documents. I don't have a need or that much interest.

In general I am not a man of faith. I certainly don't have faith in that company having just learned of it not long ago.
We are in agreement on what you said about faith and most religions. One last point if I may.

It was not my intention to hijack this thread. You made a comment about the patch we had discussed and I replyed.
I look forward to the next topic presented on this forum and the different views that are shared.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 02:30:37 PM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.

Offline misfitguy

• Administrator
    • Misfits Central
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 04:55:59 PM »
Smoke,

I'm not mad.  I am concerned.  I am becoming passionate about what the food industry, pharmaceutical industry, and the homeopathy industry is doing to us.  The word Green has become a buzz word without meaning.  The same companies that polluted this earth yesterday are now packaging their wares in a green package.  Isn't that convincing.  The word organic has no meaning.  It used to.  Now it is a marketing word.  The word natural is being used by anybody that uses anything that has a root from the element table, which is everything by the way.  It also has no meaning.  Similar to the use of Family size or large drink or sports model.  These phrases have come to mean nothing. 

Marketing is a powerful machine and with todays opportunities for companies to reach individuals in their home so easy, it has become treacherous.  Explain to me, anybody, why pharmaceutical companies are telling us what we should tell our doctors about our medicine needs.  Or how an attorney can go on cable TV and troll for customers.  It's nuts.  Concerning this wonder patch.  I am not going to say it doesn't work.  IF you say it works for you, then it works for you.  It doesn't lessen my concern.

Mick

~Groucho Marx

Offline Smokebender

• Half Mile Marker
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 01:33:41 AM »
Not at all surprisingly I share most of your concerns. Your points are true and well taken.

I'll take a shot at explaining why the pharmaceutical companies are telling us what to ask and say to our doctors.
Really it just my opinion. One that seems to be widely shared, and that is the fact that the pharmaceutical companies run the FDA.

Words like these below are not very meaningful to me. It's like you say Mick, marketing. That's my take anyway.

All of the active ingredients in ########### products are listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopeia of the United States (HPUS), FDA listed and based on Materia Medica* indications in the treatment, mitigation or prevention of the specific product-related symptoms and conditions, according to the homeopathic principles, with no known side effects or negative drug interactions.
######## Homeopathic Medicines are manufactured in the USA.

The above was taken from the "Wonder Patch" site. A good nickname by the way. FDA? Who cares what they say?

If anyone is in pain and would like more information on the "Wonder Patch" please let me know. I"m not the only one that knows it works.

The HPUS is the official compendium of homeopathic medicines recognized by the FDA. The HPUS is produced from the standpoint of safety, efficacy and standardization of therapeutic ingredients. This compendium provides a clear set of standards for manufacturers of Homeopathic medicines which have not fostered any notable controversy with the United States FDA. (So says the site)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 02:17:03 AM by Smokebender »
A Hopi elder speaks.

sir-individual