Author Topic: Redwoods  (Read 7771 times)

Offline Smokebender

• Don't need no stinkin permit. Just back off.
    • Michigan Bigfoot Group
Redwoods
« on: December 20, 2009, 02:14:24 AM »
Standing among the Redwoods was one of the most rewarding experiences in my life.
There is an energy, a magnificent living energy that is difficult to express.

Many years back I arrived at a ranger station in the redwoods. I learned of an area called the "Tall Trees Grove" where one could stand next to the tallest tree in the world. "You don't want to go there, the bears will knock you down for a stick of gum" the ranger said. "Look at all the pictures over there on the wall" he quickly added. I went to the wall. The photos on the wall were of bears. Live bears smashing out car windows, riping up backpacks and so on. One caption read "This bear broke into 11 vehicles before being shot" I went back to the ranger's counter and asked if I was allowed to go there. He said yes and that I would need to fill out some papers for a permit. Then he would give me instructions. Ranger man wrote down the combo to a lock on a gate, that I was to relock after passing through, then drive on to the parking lot. And from there backpack in to the tall tree grove. He also told me to camp on the sandbar near the creek so that the widow makers wouldn't get me. When I got there the sandbar was covered with hundreds of bear tracks. I mean hundreds! This place was just incredible. I didn't camp on the sandbar. Instead I took my chances with the widow makers. Never did see a bear, but the trees, oh my God the magnificent trees! It takes some time to circle one of these trees. You could be on one side and a bear on the other. It's worth it.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 02:18:21 AM by Smokebender »
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
A Hopi elder speaks.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganbigfootgroup/  Just click it now! Then get back here right away or I'm tellin Mom.

sir-individual