World Discussions > News

Never Have and Never Will

(1/5) > >>

Smokebender:
I refuse to pay for water. I never have payed for water and I never will. No matter what. Water should be free to all.

Moreover I refuse to be a part of any colossal centralized chemical-intensive, fossil-fuel-intensive conventional water and waste water system. So there. How do like that? Buy a bottle of water? Never have and never will. What's your 2 cents on this subject? Am I wrong to see it this way? Tell us why you disagree or if in fact you agree with me.

Truthsayer:
You are not wrong in your thinking or your motives. Some would agree with what you say, some wouldn't. I have and do buy bottled water, but only while I'm riding my bike, hiking, walking or hitchhiking and the water I've brought with me has exhausted. Water is a necessity and I don't agree that people bottle it to make a profit, but sometimes it comes in handy.

Smokebender:
If I understand you correctly you're saying you don't agree with the idea of selling water for a profit?

Truthsayer:
Exactly.

I don't buy into the crap that bottled water is "purified", filtered or anything else but plain tap water in a bottle. I use refrigerated tap water at home, there is no difference. But because people do buy into it, it has become popular and the idea a multibillion dollar one. I always take a good amount of water with me on my hikes, but sometimes it does run out. If I can't find a coffee shop, mall, or other outlet with a washroom where I fill my bottle up, I'll purchase a bottle of water at the store. I don't agree with the bullcrap behind it, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do when ya gotta do it.

Smokebender:

--- Quote from: Truthsayer on February 13, 2009, 10:39:47 PM ---You are not wrong in your thinking or your motives. Some would agree with what you say, some wouldn't. I have and do buy bottled water, but only while I'm riding my bike, hiking, walking or hitchhiking and the water I've brought with me has exhausted. Water is a necessity and I don't agree that people bottle it to make a profit, but sometimes it comes in handy.

--- End quote ---
I understand Truthsayer, but in general I say this. Yes water is necessary. Buying it is not necessary. Selling it is just plain wrong and far from necessary. To those that would disagree I say take a step back, look around at what is going on around the world in regard to water. In fact, hurry before it's to late.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version